Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inconsistent Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
My Samyama Practice has become erratic, most of the times back to I AM mantra or hardly completes 3 sutras in 20 minutes and some times total blank .
I do not sit beyond 20 minutes even if all Sutras are not Completed.
Do I need to keep the Gap between Deep Meditation and Samyama so that latter becomes more smooth.
I feel that absorption gained in Deep Meditation is extended to Samyama .

Thanks

Edited by - Srinivas_Mallya on Dec 06 2007 10:54:41 AM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi not to worry your doing good
There should only be the briefest of gaps between deep med and Samyama you should just sort of slide effortlessly from one to the other carrying the inner silence gained in deep med with you.
Don't worry about loosing it during Samyama we all do it will come together and get better and better with time, in the long run Samyama should only take 5 to 10 minutes but if you sort of crash out and it takes longer thats not a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Richard,
I hope Samyama will eventually get better in the long Run . As You suggested, the gap between Deep Meditation and Samyama should be very minimal so that silence developed in Meditation is prerequisite for Samyama. It may require some more months of Practice for stable Samyama .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000