AYPsite.org Forum
 Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Lord Ganesha, Mother Kali, Lord Siva
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  2:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

This post has been deleted by the author. It has been agreed however to leave the replies intact, for those who may find them interesting.

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 06 2007 10:52:49 AM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  5:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John

I have recently become a devotee of Mother Kali or Ma as I think she is referred to also.
Raised in the Christian tradition with Christ, Holy Spirit and Our Lady as my three main invocational energies, I never saw myself going towards the multi-god approach of the Hindu religion.
It was in my meditation experiences of the dark feminine that led me to the Black Madonna and Kali, Tara etc.
The Black Madonna is Christian but there is not the same decisiveness about what she is about. Generally understood as the African version of the Our Lady.

Kali, on the other had, represents the destroyer of ego and the destroyer of time - what more could one ask for.
It is also my experience that using the Kali mantra, which I do during the day now, also centres in the heart, although it can also be felt strongly in the head too (this is my experience)

It doesn't mean I have given up my Christian roots, I'm open to anything that comes along that will help.
So thanks for bringing this up, it is good timing for me.

When you say:
quote:
Do not fear rapid progress, purificational practices or devotion to God. So it hurts. But it cannot hurt you seriously.

This is very true, but it depends what you mean by rapid progress.
If rapid progress means overloads which stop steady and regular practices. Overloads that can result in severe depression for long periods, even suicide, and all sorts of in between states. Then I would suggest there is a better, more efficient way.

Self-pacing is very intelligent, if you haven't studied it I would suggest you do some searches.
look at Self-pacing in the following index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
and/or do a general search in the forum search.

Cheers
Louis

Edited by - Sparkle on Dec 02 2007 6:11:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  6:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Louis,
Nice to meet you on the forum, and I enjoyed your input on the Divinity post. Will take to heart your comments. I'm new around here you know and haven't had too much experience with overload personally. I kind of welcome what comes. Treading on thin ice, huh?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum,

In Ayp we increase practices gradually so as not to overload the system all at once. We also try to be careful about mixing practices as it can cause a doubling up effect. But devotion to our chosen ideal (ishta devata) is actually at the heart of AYP, whether it is Christ, or Kali, or Krishna or anyone else. Yogani says that devotion comes at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the journey.
Krishna, Rada, Christ and Mary (Magdellen) are my all time favorites.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 08 2007 05:40:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to apologize for deleting my original message on this subject. It was an impulsive act. My orginal message was that I began doing Ganesha, and Kali mantras a few years ago, as I have explored this mysterious energy in different ways. Now, finally getting around to reading Secrets of Wilder, it is quite apparent that the protagonist and probably many of us have done similar explorations of a spiritual sort. Anyway, Ganesha is reputed to be a friendly aspect of the Divine, and removes obstacles. Whereas with mantras to Mother Kali, they say you have to be ready for big changes all at once, if one goes that route. I have always felt impatient for further opening of the spiritual energies to greater heights, in fact obsessed with progress. In finally getting around to studying the wonderful lessons of AYP and Yogani, and especially after reading the novel, I can see that pacing is all important, and Yogani has a kind and helpful approach in his advice on pacing. I guess I have been fortunate or perhaps despite my self, the aspects of the One Divinity has somehow smiled upon my impetuous quest. But I totally buy into pacing. Who knows what could happen...That said, I am the kind of nut who skied too fast, and prone to excess perhaps. That may all be in how you define it. But as we all know, THIS quest for the face of God is very consuming and at any price...Even if Mother Kali incinerates this foolish man. I find it hard to contain my enthusiasm. Since mantras to Ganesha and Kali remain parts of my practice, along with many of the practices of pranayama, mudras, etc, similar to the yogas of AYP , I am set for the long haul. Terribly glad I discovered you folks. With all of us doing the practices, maybe there is hope that we and others around the world, can somehow catalize a chain reaction of Love and evolve our kind, somehow someday in this age. Sorry again for the deletion. respectfully,
the impetuous John C
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  05:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i John,
I consider Lord Ganesh as my deity. When I had shaktipat in 2005 I had a vision of him while in India.
The mantra I am using now given to me by my guru originates from Kali and directly stimulates the Shakti.
L&L
Dave

Edited by - riptiz on Dec 08 2007 12:31:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  10:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey John. Zeal and excess are my middle names (Do you think my mother loved me, heheh?). It is great that you and all of the posters here are so open and compelled to share your thoughts. This is a wonderful and courageous bunch of souls and you are all extremely helpful. Thanks everyone!One of my obsessions is visiting the forums every day.

The self-pacing didn't really sink in until the last week or so when I had moved forward with the first mantra enhancement and the combination of a long motorcycle ride (crotch rockets really are high powered Kundalini machines) just fried me and I was out of sorts all week. I feel possesed to move ahead but I have already experienced the negative effects of moving to fast too quickly and after this last time I really have an intuitive feeling for what 'self-pacing' means. I have backed down to the first mantra again and I'm already starting to feel better. I have a family of 5 (including my wife, me and children) and it does a disservice to them and myself to not temper my bhakti.

I told myself in the beginning (of practicing AYP) that feeling crappy (and I mean in spiritual and physical anguish) wasn't anything new and that I could just keep on moving forward and hopefully I would burn through the hard times but the true love that has opened within me has opened a new level of caring for myself and others and I must temper my urge to go faster and harder. Less is more has never meant so much to me as it does now.

I think I finally realized that no matter how good my intentions are if I bring too much fuel to the fire I just end up destroying myself and everyone around me.

Namaste!
Mac

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  2:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John
quote:
With all of us doing the practices, maybe there is hope that we and others around the world, can somehow catalize a chain reaction of Love and evolve our kind, somehow someday in this age
Amen to that
You seem to have engaged in quite a lot of practice already. Anybody who follows the AYP system needs to be mindful of self-pacing. It is a very efficient and powerful system and when practiced twice a day, as recommended, it can take us on the ride of our life, but working in a sophisticated way that keeps us on our skies

If you are also using additional mantras and practices you need to factor this into the self-pacing equation as well.

Mac said:
quote:
I told myself in the beginning (of practicing AYP) that feeling crappy (and I mean in spiritual and physical anguish) wasn't anything new and that I could just keep on moving forward and hopefully I would burn through the hard times but the true love that has opened within me has opened a new level of caring for myself and others and I must temper my urge to go faster and harder. Less is more has never meant so much to me as it does now.
Yeh Mac, I know that story well
That's the old way, me thinks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000