Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Big Knots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  10:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok I have a semi-important question.

I've had headaches for a while now. A type of sinusitis or something. They are pretty much always there except it depends on how much I'm aware of them. I'm very sure that they are psycho-somatic (what isn't). So i'm trying to shift my attnetion to my lower body. The pranayama spinal breathing I think is working very good with this.

But as a move downward the energy that's in the headache seems to be moving downward too creating big knots of energy mostly in my throat. It's rather irritating. It's difficult for me to breath out all the way sometimes and when i do manage to I have to breath in at least 2 times really fast to make up for the lost air.

So I was just just wondering if anyone had any advice. Is this normal?
Thanks

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  11:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experienced a great deal of this early on in the process, sometimes the aching feeling would would permeate the branches of my nervous system. It was frightening sometimes to reach this point of no return, at this level of sensitivity. You can't just switch it off, you have to ride it out. You'll just have to learn to balance your practices with your energy level as it ebbs and flows with your personal disposition and life circumstance.

I would tell you to self pace but that is your affair. It depends on how much the symptoms of purification affect you, how much down time you have available, what kinds of people you are consistently in contact with. Chances are, you will experience a fair bit of symptoms which are unavoidable if you are to purify yourself.

I remember the head ache being the worst, a couple times I had to take a long break from practice. The ache reminds me of the air bubbles that occasionally get stuck in the chest and you experience a bit of pain as it pass through and dissipates. It's as if such a hollow feeling were plowing through the thick bundles of nerves in the body, up through the belly, strangely through the chest, only to find a home up in the skull for a length of time.

Edited by - Kyman on Nov 25 2007 6:42:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  2:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah it's kinda scary sometime sbecause i know once they fade away a big part of me is gonna fade away too.
whatever, no assumptions i guess.
just trying to do it intelligently and safely, and not forcingn it.
i am cracking down on my personal life too and pacing which is good.
oh and the mantra is startin gto make a lot more sense to me now too. i used to think it was a suppresant of sorts but not i see that it's not true. thoughts come up and the's fine, but just don' get carried away with them.

seeya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000