Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Experiences, States, and Stages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been reading What is Enlightenment latley.

To anyone who's familiar with that line of spirituality (Ken Wilbur< Andrew Cohen) there's a lot of confusing talk about evolutionary enlightenment, spiral dynamics, tiers, god knows what else.
They also speak a lot about stages of advancement and they go very much into detail about it.

Which in turn made me reflect a lottle bit as to where I'm at.. Now i didn't get very analytical in all of this, but came up with something brief.

I think that in my relentless searching, via reading, constant meditating, and self-enquiry I've established and partly stabiliazed a very shallow form of non-dual awareness into my everyday life. I just feel like part of me isn't there in a sense, and like there's this kind of unbroken chain of awareness if you will, that's always there... But like I said it's very shallow. It's characterized by a paranoid personality, emotional deadness and confusion.. In this very brief assessment I can better see what I need to work on and where I'm going, and right now that mainly means dropping into my body, ingraining good habits and freeing up attention. Instilling a good view of my future so it will manifest better.

I think this is important, even though it can get out of hand in some cases, all this description, I don't know how Ken Wilbur exists.

So if anyone wants to anything of any kind to make a discussion that would be cool. Spiritual experiences are fair game too. I'm kinda pissed because i haven't had one in a while.. j'k.. banking on something big.

seeya

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie,
If you've been going through the lessons/forums at ayp, you'll see that it is by eschewing the intellectual process while you are in meditation you move along the road faster. It is natural to 'want' a spiritual experience in the initial stages, but when you find that the want becomes a barrier, it is equally easy to just drop it. Then you may find that you have more than you want, or better still, that you don't want at all, and are at peace.

Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  8:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also i can't say i'm not curious of what Yogani's present experience is
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  12:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes my desire to know intellectually is very strong. it's hard to change it. i try. and it's been smoothing out well for the most part. although i feel like i've been lacking a rythem with my spiritual practice, upon looking at it now i see that it's been a rythem the whole time. but the rythem has just been different from what i've thought it or wanted it to be.. yes i have a powerful mind, and I can say now (now that i'm starting to touch my heart) that i appreciate it. i can't be decieved, by others or myself. i have firsthand experience of how many different angles a single person can look at something... i think to some it up best is to paraphrase my favorite teacher "it is one thing to understand enlightenment, it is a completley different ballgame in trying to understand ignorance".. i feel that i have a very strong bhakti to understand the behind the scenes of it all, and i'm not gonna try and change that anymore.. i want to reach the highest of what you might call an "objective perspective" all the while stabilizing a whole lot of inner silence. basically i want to be able to think very clearly and rationally with no idealistic or materialistic mumbo jumbo attached.. well maybe some mumbo jumbo, lol.. but i think you can catch my drift...

oh boy i can see the osho in me

seeya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000