Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Enviroment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  5:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I leave in kind of a hostile enviroment. My family has been on the rocks for quite a while and there's a vey bad energy inside the house. I actually very slowly migrated to the garage which is my new room. I'm one step away from joining an ashram which i don't think is absdolutley nessecary.

So i kind of want to brighten up this place. I put bamboo in the kitchen. I'm gonna get more plants to put around. I think i should clean a bit more too. Light insence around the place.
I was just wondering if anyone had any particular advice for this knd of situation. Maybe liek feng shui type stuff or special prayers i can say or rituals to perform. Anything really. It's pretty bad over here.

Thanks

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  6:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also live in a house of somewhat bad and nonconducive vibrations. I live in the attic with two rooms and I did my best to make it a nice little sanctuary. I often light incense and candles, I have nice throw carpets, musical instruments, cool little indigenous decorations, and just suround myself with things that represent me. Also, one of the best things you can do is to make a little shrine area where you can meditate and do your practices.

Also, weird lighting like strobes, lava lamps..trippy things I suppose :)

And most importantly, wall tapestries! Mandalas are always cool!
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  7:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think those are some pretty great ideas anthony, I've got this awesome intuitive drawing I did. Just a few graceful strokes of a couple shades of blue joining together to create a very soft pink. A gentle display of duality and unity. I've been meaning to do more of the things you've mentioned, I think I'll get to it and put some of those ideas into action. I've been contemplating on building an alter or shrine in my room.

Eddie, if you decide to visit an ashram, that isn't a bad idea either. In fact, I imagine it would be very purifying. I've been planning a trip for some time, and I'm just waiting for the right oppurtunity. You will not only be exposed to techniques, practices, rituals, and daily habits that are balancing, you will be hanging out with people who have a similar momentum. And you can't beat the quality of food in these places. I think the food alone is a good enough reason to visit an ashram, just to be exposed to those eating habits.

I can relate to the negativity and suffocating environment. Just continue to draw fulfillment from your source, and as your body can channel it more, you will be less affected by the environment. The practices will deepen this connection and help you gain strength in mind and body. If the negativity doesn't change, you will be well on your way to understanding the next best step and having all the tools to take it. One thing you cannot forget is patience, that will save you untold amounts of suffering and further suffering that results from poor choices.

When you are having a really tough time, just remember to breath. And try to think of all the beings like yourself taking a breath at that moment, perhaps for the same reason, or just because they are conscious. Try to connect with what is real and make at least one or two steps to promote this connection in your weeks to come.

I love bamboo.

Good luck

Edited by - Kyman on Oct 29 2007 8:40:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  10:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you guys are great, this site is awesome
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  11:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How can someone in the US just pack up and leave for an ashram? Does it cost money? I have never even heard of one, and Eddie and I dont live too far apart.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  2:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
actually theres one in i think in queens or brooklyn that i stayed at for about a week. a ramana ashram. they don't charge anything at all. It's in a very nice location. The people there are nice and don't impinge on any part of your practice. They just kind of want you to attend the chanting sessions that's all.
I'm definitley gonna go there sometime again in the future
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  4:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
recently had an angry influence leave my home. the energy she left imprinted in the house was palpable, even after removing her belongings and trappings.

now i'm left with bare walls, and i sincerely thank each of you for your ideas listed here -- there is a buddhist shop downtown that sells wall tapestries with sacred designs; perhaps i'll invest in some of those.

my contribution: crystal bowl music -- soothes and heals all energy vibes.. i try to always have some playing in the background when i'm at home.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My house sucks, too!

http://www.himalayansaltshop.com/na...lshapes.html

Super cool, supposedly radiate negative ions which are supposedly good for you.. supposedly.

All that aside, they look great.

Burning sage and chanting AUM around the house can help to clear energies.

Might be best to consider MOVING OUT, if you can afford it.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  6:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i've contemplated that so many times. in the end i don't feel like i would be able to do it. yeah starting fresh seems like a great idea, but i think i just have too many things i gotta clear up here. i feel like if i moved out i would be a coward. my dad kind of needs me to be here. i need to help him.

plus my dogs about to die and i have new kittens that i'm very much attached too
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  3:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like buddhist prayer flags.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  3:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did a lot of feng shui in my house a few years ago and it was great. It may seem like a lot of woo woo but its mostly about adjusting things to help your body feel comfortable in the living space. The first and best thing I recommend is to not have any objects that block the main walkways. Like things on the floor or furniture that you have to stumble around. Long empty spaces also are not good, like hallways. This lets too much energy flow too fast.

Having heavy things overhead also makes for a feeling of oppression. We had lots of tall book shelves. Since we brought them down to lower shelves, things feel much better.

Light and color is also important. Living plants are good. Water, moving or fresh is also good. If you have a basin of water make sure to change it often. Mirrors can help but can be tricky. Get a book if you are serious.

Good luck,
Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000