Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 The Four Aggreements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  10:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani talks about this as a form of self-inquiry in one of these posts. I read it a while back, was into it for a little while but then droped it once other things caught my attention. I'm glad Yogani called it a form of self-inquiry because it made me think twice about it and now I've decided to start using it throughout my day as a more personaly self-inquiry rather than the endless who am I? headache producer.

In my opinion so far I like this practice a lot because it kind of stops you dead in your tracks and forces you to surrender. Or at least it takes the hold that thoughts and feelings have over you. How doesn it do this? What's actually happening to you when you practice them? I'll save an answer to that for a later time once I've practiced it more.

So does anyone actively practice them throughout their day?

Seeya

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't go crazy with awareness as I don't think it's something that can be forecfully integrated into everyday being - rather slowly introduced via cultivated awareness. I do however - when I notice that my mind is wandering too much, or I am giving into the lower tempations way too much - do something like that where I focus on my breathing and my five senses. I think having that as an alter where you can always go is useful, but I think for most people it is impractical, especially at an early point or age, to try to force constant awareness. But for some people it probably works, it seems to work well for you. I find personally that I am better off not trying to fight the currents of my mind and rather working with them in meantime until they are ideal.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  2:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've found The Four Agreements to be an effective approach of self-inquiry.

After practicing this and other angles of self-inquiry I have found that it becomes more and more a very natural part of the day.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  10:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah that's what i'm trying to do. just instill it into me so i just do it naturally.

it's really cool when you start having these reletive realizations like "wow i really don't have to care what anyone thinks at all!" and you get this type of nice feelings of freedom. i plan on having a lot of those in the upcoming future

seeya
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  5:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
been two weeks on the four agreements and i feel like i am starting to bear fruit. i feel like some of the habits that i'm used to are breaking down. i'm starting to be less sensitive to everything.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  09:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie:

That is great!

Here is a link for those who might not be familiar with the four agreements: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=466

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  11:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's working very nicely. what i'm waiting for is your book to come out. lets get a move on yogani!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000