New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  08:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Miguel, just watched the vids. Enigma is another one of my favorites. Probably a silly question, but do you know Deep Forest? If not, check them out as well.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi steven,i didnt know deep forest...ill take a look,im sure its wonderful music,thanks!
PS-Im glad you enjoyed enigma videos...

Edited by - miguel on May 07 2009 10:36:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I'm new here in the forum but have been practicing AYP for a month and a half. I love this forum and read it now every day, it's really warm here and loving
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Yonatan. Hope you enjoy

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On topic now (:

Here is a song in hebrew called Ein Ani (There's no I).

It's from a band called the prophetic Fools

I'll translate..

Yeah what fun will it be at the end of my days
When all the guys will talk about me
They'ld say I was an I&I
At times of wanting and times leisure

chorus: There's no I There's no I....

when someone will say something else
I'ld just fly speechless
I'ld disperse quietly in space
without feeling guilty and without saying 'but'...

There's no I There's no I....

Here for anyone who wants to hear it :
http://www.flix.co.il/tapuz/showVid...sp?m=3111175

Edited by - Yonatan on May 07 2009 3:32:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welllcome yonatan!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shalom aleichem Yonatan

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the song
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You welcome Katrine (:

Shalom Love Light and Peace..

*Heart*

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  11:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sparkle and miguel !!!

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You probably all know this one

The Beatles (Lennon/McCartney)

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, let it be. Yeah

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, Let it be, Let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it all be..

Edited by - Yonatan on May 08 2009 10:25:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  08:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

This is a song I heard today from outside my house (someone was playing it) when I woke up, I heard it before, but this time it sounded even more beautiful and profound. It's a devotional song to God (in Hebrew), and here in Israel devotional songs like this play a lot on mainstream radio.
It's so beautiful I had to share it..

It's called "God Gave you as a Gift"

Here is the translation:

God Gave you as a gift, something big, something wonderful,
God gave you as a gift, the life on the face of the earth.

He gave you the night and the day
Love Hope and Dreams,
Summer, Winter, Autumn, and Spring,
A good Soul to look around.

He gave you green fields
blooming flowers and trees
rivers and seas
skies the moon and the stars

He gave you holidays and saturdays
Israel the land of the fathers
hands and head to realize dreams
He gave you all the wonders

He gave you such beatiful things
to bring children to the world
listen to songs, see colors
oh, so many are your deeds God

God, give me just one more gift
One small, but wonderful gift
*Peace on the face of the Earth*

Here are links for anyone who wants to hear it, its beatiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdpddQTetw

And A different version:

http://www.flix.co.il/tapuz/showVideo.asp?m=943543

Love,

Yonatan

Edited by - Yonatan on May 16 2009 08:40:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

Hi All,

This is a song I heard today from outside my house (someone was playing it) when I woke up, I heard it before, but this time it sounded even more beautiful and profound. It's a devotional song to God (in Hebrew), and here in Israel devotional songs like this play a lot on mainstream radio.
It's so beautiful I had to share it..

It's called "God Gave you as a Gift"

Here is the translation:

He gave you the night and the day
Love Hope and Dreams,
Summer, Winter, Autumn, and Spring,
A good Soul to look around.

He gave you green fields
blooming flowers and trees
rivers and seas
skies the moon and the stars

He gave you holidays and saturdays
Israel the land of the fathers
hands and head to realize dreams
He gave you all the wonders

He gave you such beatiful things
to bring children to the world
listen to songs, see colors
oh, so many are your deeds God

One small, but wonderful gift
*Peace on the face of the Earth*

Here are links for anyone who wants to hear it, its beatiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdpddQTetw

And A different version:

http://www.flix.co.il/tapuz/showVideo.asp?m=943543

Love,

Yonatan

Shalom Yonatan,

WowThanksAwesomeBeautiful!

Hey - it's 1:08pm where I am as I type these words! <-Just noticed!

36 is a sacred number in both Kabbalah and in Indian yogic traditions - most notably Kashmir Shaivism -- and 36 x 3 (Awareness, Mind, Manifestation // Abraham, Isaac, Jacob // Shiva, Shakti, Nara // Father, Child, Holy Mother // God, Christ, World // Buddha, Dharma, Sangha .... and on and on and on ... the ONE Triadic Heart of All That IS) ...... 36x3 = 108!

Beautiful Song - and great vibe!

I LOVE (good ) songs with Sanskrit or Hebrew lyrics, set to "modern" and/or Western <- not a preference; more a familiarity thing ... i.e. a 4/4 beat and "Western" scales/chords and vocal styles all feel most natural to me .... and to hear conscious, God/Realization-directed, uplifting lyrics, sung in sacred languages originally designed for that purpose (the uplifting and preserving of consciousness of awareness/reality) ---- is simply *Awesome*!

(Hence my username! )

I personally like the first (top link) version best, musically ... but the second (bottom link) version has its beauty, too ... and I love the slides, in it .... the Kabbalah Tree of Life "cameo" early on is a nice touch!

Oh - and - it was 1:08 when I started this post .... but I started my morning by clicking on those links, and hearing those songs ..... and what a great, uplifting (and "cool-ly different" for me) way to start the day!

And finally .... it's *so* beautiful to me that every culture has conscious, devotional music ..... it's almost like (OK ... it's a LOT like ....... OK ... it just IS {This Way} ... ) .... the Heart of Consciousness that comprises the essence of every human life and All That Is ... has a (Shal)AUMing instinct for that which is Higher, More True, More Real -- for that which is Wholly Real - and Really Whole - something in each and all that has at least a small spark of the Light of Love that is Self, that is Reality ..... has a small spark, still flickering ...... no matter how dark the dream may seem ... and conscious devotional music like this ... fans the spark into the Fire of Love which consumes all into a unified sea of Reality, Consciousness, Bliss ... Satchidananda .... KeterHochmahBinah .... the "Triadic Heart of Shiva" as they say in Kashmir Shaivism.

(I liked the songs .... can ya tell? )

Do you have the Hebrew lyrics and/or song name? ("Anglicized" please .. i.e. English/Roman characters ... like these here .... - I don't read Hebrew well enough yet to get through them easily, using the original AlephBayt ....).

I'd like to search for other versions ... and see the Hebrew lyrics.

Thanks!

ShalAUM Sweet AUM,

Kirtanman

PS- Any song played on popular radio *anywhere* that has "Elohim" near the beginning of the song (or anywhere else, for that matter! Or This matter!) is quite awesome/inspiring. Many Christians see "Elohim" and think of Elohim as "God the Father". Which isn't exactly correct .... at least not in a linguistic sense. Or actual sense. Or any sense, actually.

Elohim (as whoever is reading this may know; just mentioning for any who may not) is a feminine noun with a masculine plural ending - female, yet with implied union - kind of like how women (and I'm not saying this was good- I think it's just a good "how this works, language-wise" example) used to go by their husband's name -- as in a woman named (say) Heva Kadmon, married to Adam Kadmon ... would give her name as "Mrs. Adam Kadmon" -- so you knew that the person in question is/was female, but also that she is/was part of a male-female union/pair/unit .... much like a name/title/description involving a feminine noun ... with a masculine plural ending .... like Elohim!

So, when I hear/see the word Elohim .... I see it as identical to Shivashakti - the creative, divine male-female union of Consciousness-Bliss, Emptiness-Form, Unity-All .... which comprises God-God's Power (aka Self, aka True Nature aka Ein Sof Or) ... and therefore, Reality!

Just as the Sun and its Light don't even *know* they're "separate" ... likewise, different qualities of the One are described via language ... but the Sun and its Light, the Ocean and its Wetness, Humans and Loving ... cannot, in any way, be separated ... because all these things ... are One.

(I *really* like the song .... can ya tell?)

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman

I'm really happy that you like it!

quote:
And finally .... it's *so* beautiful to me that every culture has conscious, devotional music ..... it's almost like (OK ... it's a LOT like ....... OK ... it just IS {This Way} ... ) .... the Heart of Consciousness that comprises the essence of every human life and All That Is ... has a (Shal)AUMing instinct for that which is Higher, More True, More Real -- for that which is Wholly Real - and Really Whole - something in each and all that has at least a small spark of the Light of Love that is Self, that is Reality ..... has a small spark, still flickering ...... no matter how dark the dream may seem ... and conscious devotional music like this ... fans the spark into the Fire of Love which consumes all into a unified sea of Reality, Consciousness, Bliss ... Satchidananda .... KeterHochmahBinah .... the "Triadic Heart of Shiva" as they say in Kashmir Shaivism.

Yes, it's really wonderful and thank *God* for that!! :D

Thanks,

About anglicized lyrics, I don't know if they exist somewhere, but if you want I'ld be glad to make it for you, It would be pretty easy for me

It looks like for me that the whole of humanity is heading more and more towards the Light (spirituality becoming mainstream all over the world, almost in every country, am I wrong?), those are pretty exciting times..

Love and Light,
Ahava ve Or,

Peace

Yonatan

PS. Elohim is the name all hebrew people use for God so it shows up a lot here in many hebrew songs, and in the every-day language constantly, though the religious people pronounce it elokim, not to pronounce god's name (out of awe and respect for the holy name).
Here is a funny story- when I had Bible class in school when I was young, it was my turn to read from the bible, and I didn't know and read God's name as I saw it, written YHVH, or Jehovah. everyone was quiet and the teacher said "no no, you say "Adonai"" (my lord), so from then on I've been cringingly careful to say it right..
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  6:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

About anglicized lyrics, I don't know if they exist somewhere, but if you want I'ld be glad to make it for you, It would be pretty easy for me

It looks like for me that the whole of humanity is heading more and more towards the Light (spirituality becoming mainstream all over the world, almost in every country, am I wrong?), those are pretty exciting times..

Love and Light,
Ahava ve Or,

Peace

Yonatan

PS. Elohim is the name all hebrew people use for God so it shows up a lot here in many hebrew songs, and in the every-day language constantly, though the religious people pronounce it elokim, not to pronounce god's name (out of awe and respect for the holy name).
Here is a funny story- when I had Bible class in school when I was young, it was my turn to read from the bible, and I didn't know and read God's name as I saw it, written YHVH, or Jehovah. everyone was quiet and the teacher said "no no, you say "Adonai"" (my lord), so from then on I've been cringingly careful to say it right..

Hi Yonatan,

I certainly don't want to "hijack" this thread from sticking w/Illuminated Lyrics (saying that to myself primarily; I just want to stick the to "spirit" of this thread, which seems to be to stay focused on the Illuminated Lyrics themselves.

If you could maybe re-post with both Hebrew & English lyrics ... that'd be great! There are a few posts around the forum of songs like that in Sanskrit & English - I'm not sure what other languages, if any, may be represented - but especially with (so-called - accurately, in my opinion) sacred/conscious languages such as Sanskrit and Hebrew (and there are a few others; not sure I know of them all; Arabic comes to mind) -- it's cool/interesting to get the "flow and vibe" (and in the experience of some, the inherent power) of lyrics, chants, prayers, mantras in their original sacred languages.

And yes, I agree: the world is getting more conscious/spiritual *rapidly* - look @ Kabbalah -- outside of Judaism, it was *obscure*; inside of Judaism, I think it was pretty obscure, too! And now, thanks to Madonna (a far more serious Kabbalah student than many people give her credit for - more on that some other time), Matisyahu, the "good people" (Rav Laitman & Team) who started kabbalah.info (see Yogic Judaism thread for link), etc. - it's opening up, big-time - to everyone.

Paths like Kabbalah, Gnostic Christian Kabbalah, Kashmir Shaivism, etc. make it clear that you *don't* have to be Jewish, or Christian, or Hindu in the traditional sense - to participate in spiritual truth.

Wisdom traditions are for all.

Wisdom songs, too!

There truly are a lot of inspiring lyrics/songs/music, etc. out there ... and more every day!

And yes, there's a lot of darkness and turmoil and suffering to be sure - the intensity of both the Light and the Darkness - the Other Side of the coin, as it were, are increasing --- much like puberty - it's a time of discomfort, confusion, excepted and unexpected change ... but ultimately, it's part of a growth and maturation that's as inherent as puberty is for human body-minds.

Humanity is waking up.

In a joyous, intense, sometimes confusion-filled, sometimes anguish-filled, glorious tidal wave of divine global bhakti that doesn't seem so divine at all in certain moments to those still suffering .... but ....

Humanity is waking up.

And we're singing!

ShalAUM AUM Shanti,

Kirtanman

PS- I was just reading last night about Kabbalah's teaching about the name of Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) - it's a combination of the words for "Awe" and Perfection/Completeness ... the Wonder-Filled, Wonder-Full Awareness of being the LIGHT! As Matusyahu sings (in his song, Jerusalem: "It's not about the land or the sea / not the country but the dwelling of his majesty".
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  08:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

Here are the Hebrew lyrics:

http://www.mp3music.co.il/lyrics/4029.html

And here are the anglicized lyrics:

Elohim natan lecha bematana
Davar gadol, davar nifla
Et hachaiym al pney ha'adama

Natan lecha et halaila vehayom
Ahava tikva vechalom
Kaiytz, choref, stav, aviv
Neshama tova lehabit saviv

Natan lecha sadot yerukim
Prachim ve'etzim melavlevim
Neharot, nechalim veyamim
Shamaiym, yareach, kochavim

Davar gadol, davar nifla
Et hachaiym al pney ha'adama

Natan lecha chagim veshabatot
Israel eretz ha'avot
Yadaiym verosh lehagshim chalomot
Natan lecha et kol haniflaot

Natan lecha dvarim kol kach yafim
Lehavi laolam yeladim
Leha'azin leshirim lir'ot tzvaim
Ho, ma rabu ma'aseicha Elokim

Elohim, ten li rak od matana
Matana ktana ach nifla'a
Elohim, ten li rak od matana
Et hashalom al pneiy ha'adama

Amen,

Enjoy,

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  8:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Kirtanman,

Amen,

Enjoy,

Love,

Yonatan

Thanks, Yonatan! Very cool; much appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  8:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

quote:

Hi Kirtanman,

Amen,

Enjoy,

Love,

Yonatan

Thanks, Yonatan! Very cool; much appreciated!

By the way ... what's the actual anglicized Hebrew *title* of the song? (<- so I can "Google around" for different versions, and such).

ShalAUM,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  06:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

You welcome

The anglicised title is the same as the fist line: "elohim natan lecha bematana"
I did a google search with it and there are some results.

Also, if you do a google search on "Hebrew Kirtan" there are some results that I think you may like..

Have a good day,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  5:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the song.Touched deeply my soul.

HALLELUJAH (VARIOUS POSITIONS)

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you
To a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah

MR.Leonard Cohen

Edited by - miguel on May 23 2009 5:20:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  5:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You miguel, *tears*

great lyrics..
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  7:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you Yonatan, for sharing with us the inner light inside you here in ayp forums.
God bless you

Edited by - miguel on May 23 2009 9:11:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IF IT BE YOUR WILL (VARIOUS POSITIONS)

If it be your will
That I speak no more
And my voice be still
As it was before
I will speak no more
I shall abide until
I am spoken for
If it be your will
If it be your will
That a voice be true
From this broken hill
I will sing to you
From this broken hill
All your praises they shall ring
If it be your will
To let me sing
From this broken hill
All your praises they shall ring
If it be your will
To let me sing

If it be your will
If there is a choice
Let the rivers fill
Let the hills rejoice
Let your mercy spill
On all these burning hearts in hell
If it be your will
To make us well

And draw us near
And bind us tight
All your children here
In their rags of light
In our rags of light
All dressed to kill
And end this night
If it be your will

If it be your will.

Leonard Cohen.

Edited by - miguel on May 24 2009 12:08:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is without a doubt, an iluminated lyric.One of the best lyrics i have ever seen.Reminds me starway to heaven lyrics from l.zeppelin

SUZANNE

Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by
You can spend the night beside her
And you know that she's half crazy
But that's why you want to be there
And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover

And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind.

And Jesus was a sailor
When he walked upon the water
And he spent a long time watching
From his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain
Only drowning men could see him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"
But he himself was broken
Long before the sky would open
Forsaken, almost human
He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone

And you want to travel with him
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind.

Now Suzanne takes your hand
And she leads you to the river
She is wearing rags and feathers
From Salvation Army counters
And the sun pours down like honey
On our lady of the harbour
And she shows you where to look
Among the garbage and the flowers
There are heroes in the seaweed
There are children in the morning
They are leaning out for love
And they will lean that way forever
While Suzanne holds the mirror

And you want to travel with her
And you know that you can trust her
For she's touched your perfect body with her mind.

Leonard Cohen

Edited by - miguel on May 24 2009 12:15:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000