Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 sleeping dreaming...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

First of all, I’d like to say how grateful I am to Yogani and to all of you regular contributors to the forum. ‘When the student is ready, the teacher will find him…’ I’ve read all the lessons and am now sifting through the back files of the forum. This place is a goldmine of information! And in the two months since I began AYP practices, it’s changed my life – not in a glamorous or dramatic way, but subtly, gently, every day. Thank you.

I have a million questions, but will ‘self-pace’ so as not to bore you all at once! One of the first things I noticed after beginning the practices (initially with spinal breathing and meditation) was an almost immediate change in my relationship with sleep. I simply need less: 6 1/2 instead of 7 1/2 hours to feel good. Not a huge change, but over the long term a significant one. Also, if I do get tired during the day, it’s as if a new burst of energy kicks in, usually at the moment I think I might lie down for a few minutes. I’m sure most of you have already experienced something similar. But my question is: what causes this? Is it extra energy from the spinal breathing? The extra rest during meditation? Or could it be, as Jim mentioned in a recent post, that during the day our bodies are running more efficiently?

Otherwise, a couple of other interesting changes. (Or at least interesting for me!) I’m in much closer contact with my dreams, often remembering several each night, whereas before it was quite hit and miss whether or not I’d have access to any at all. Also, I recently flew from Europe to the US for a visit, and for the first time in my life suffered no jetlag! On the way back, I had the strange experience that my body was asleep – I’m sure of this – yet my mind was conscious and concentrating on some work I had to do. A couple of times during meditation, too, I’ve been fully conscious, yet when I asked my eyes to peak at the clock to see if my time was up, they didn’t react, and I had to kind of kick-start myself. I wonder what all this is…

Whatever it is, I love it. Thank you for listening!

rkishan

USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit rkishan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tallis -> Welcome to AYP. I found AYP few months before myself. I feel the same way that you do about the lessons and the forum here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000