Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 I got Shaktipat today!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  9:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I received shaktipat from Gurumayi of the Siddha Yoga lineage through her sankalpa.

To be honest it was really subtle, it was not one of those cool stories of feeling bliss, or a snake slithering up the spin, I just feel a cool electric/magnetics tingling, leading to my brain stem. I feel a warm pulsing massage on my brain stem now.

What an honor.

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 27 2007 9:58:00 PM

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  10:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If indeed you got something wonderful, I am very glad for you.

What is the general feeling of what this is like, possible, limitaions, etc. I have always wondered but believed there was truth behind the vibrations someone can pass along to another.

The science world calls this entraining.

Thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  05:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose it would be some sort entrainment of subtle energies. I don't know what to say about it, I think that when the energy of the enlightened guru transfers his aura to yours, yours decides to to resonate with the higher frequency enlightened aura.

I feel the energy on my brain, it feels pretty good, not ecstasy or bliss or anything, but pleasurable. It's difficult to describe the feeling, I just feel pulsing brain stem warmth.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  10:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gnosis,

What did Gurumayi actually do to you? I mean did she touch you, or whisper in your ear or something? How long did it take?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  10:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Gnosis,

What did Gurumayi actually do to you? I mean did she touch you, or whisper in your ear or something? How long did it take?

Christi

I didn't even meet Gurumayi, she performed shaktipat at a distance. She was some where else, I don't know where.

Like I said it was very subtle I didn't feel anything really, until I was meditating more, and I started to feel a warm pulsing energy kissing my brain stem.

Now today I am experiencing tremendous heat, even though it's 72 degrees outside with a good wind, I am quite warm, sweating quite profusely. I feel the heat mainly in my back and my brain, it's kind of uncomfortable, but I am sure it's for the best. I can see now why kundalini shakti is known as a fire element.

I also have a slight head ache in the brain stem area. I suppose the intelligence of the energy is maybe performing some kind of energetic neuro surgery on me, possibly changing the organization of my brain some how. I am just guessing, so don't write this in stone.

Edited by - Gnosis on Oct 28 2007 11:32:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  06:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gnosis,

quote:
I didn't even meet Gurumayi, she performed shaktipat at a distance. She was some where else, I don't know where.

She sounds like one amazing woman!

I think you have the right attitude... just believe that it will all be all right, and that whatever happens is for the highest good.

Your belief alone could make miracles happen.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  11:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's the perfect attitude for sure! But a couple of safety maneuvers might be called for (what did Reagen say..."trust but verify"?).

Gnosis, if I were you, I'd be careful to maintain sambavi mudra (i.e. eyeballs rolled up) during practice, to keep the energy from bursting through the crown. You're right that the energy is intelligent and giving you "what you need", but it has no notion of self-pacing...it wants everything Now. That's why AYP institutes a very careful policy of using the mind - the everyday humdrum mind - to make self-pacing decisions.

Also, I'd self-pace generally by scaling back on meditation time, and perhaps temporarily ceasing some subsidiary practices. I know that cooked brainstem feeling, and it's a symptom of pacing issues. You will find much further fast progress increasingly uncomfortable. There's absolutely no need to fear or to resist, though (keep your great attitude!), just help things unfold comfortably by pulling back on practice time for a while. Also, long walks will help ground this fire energy. This is DEFINITELY the time to walk like crazy....miles per day, if possible.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Oct 29 2007 2:47:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OHHH, so you know about the heated brain stem feeling, so it's not just me. Good good. It's not an uncomfortable warmth, but it is there, pulsing.

I meditate twice a day for about 20 min or so, I don't really want to cut down from this. I enjoy meditation, if feels great, and it's good for me, but I also will heed your advice because I do not want to hurt myself.

I always do the sambavi mudra during meditation while using the primordial sound, OM. Why is it dangerous to use the sambavi mudra, what will happen if my kundalini burst out of my crown, can I be damaged?

I am thinking about doing the microcosmic orbit meditation to circulate the shakti energy around my body.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  7:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gnosis, I didn't say sambavi mudra was dangerous - quite the contrary! And for info on the crown (and lots more great info), I'd strongly suggest you have a look through the AYP lessons. See the link in the header on this page.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000