Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Enlightened Anxiety
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  2:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There's a teacher who I really like named Aziz Kristof. In my opinion he's really good. I rea about him for a long time, bought his books etcetera..

In one of his last books that i bought entitled Human Buddha he talks about in him mini-autobiography of his extreme self-isolation on the path. And how he still generally a shy and nervous person at times. I have a friend in Japan who then tells me that Aziz is famous for his shyness. This for me was just a little hard to accept because I am myself a shy (just at times) person, which is one of the things i don't like about myself.

And as i searched more I came to see that being enlightened definitley doens't make you immune to anxiety. I've seen videos where the people leading the satsang showed signs of anxiety and general nervousness. Some people have these superhero notions about what enlightenment is. Probably from Osho, lol.

Anyway I'm not sure where I'm going with this. But i just think that although this whole what you would call "spiritual path" is very important, i still think that it's not complete. I think personaly therapy should be thrown into the mix even after one achieves a "high state". Just my opinion. I think this is all-inclusive.

Seeya

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  4:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, you need to get the lower chakras open too.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  8:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think i'm starting to open them up now finally and it's very pleasureable
Go to Top of Page

satyan

34 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit satyan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi eddie,

enlightment does not change your basic nature, it however changes the way you perceive things. the 'I' of your own is replaced by a universal 'I'.

for example, when you are hungry, before enlightenment, you think of food and nothing else, after enlightenment you still think of food but the difference is, when you see the food you just dont eat it like before, you tend to think of others who are in need of it and try to do something about, at the least pray the higher being to bless them with food, that is the difference, and still your nature remains the same, thinking of food.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  4:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i was raised as an emotionally repressed pleaser, and totally relate to the anxiety/shyness issue.

recently a friend on the path coached me to 'just be comfortable with myself'.. i started to notice my emotional state was very jumpy around others (felt in stomach region), and i forced myself to relax into that jumpiness. i've learned to 'push' into it, to relax my tummy, and perennium, and just BE in every situation, without judgement.

after trying it for a month, it's becoming more automatic to be comfortable like this, my stance is straighter around others, and i feel a warming confidence dawning.

for what it's worth.. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000