Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 self inquiry book?????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  09:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani,

Where is the self inquiry book???? Are we close to a release date yet? Sorry about the impatience, but I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this world. Sometimes I can't believe all this information exists in such a thorough yet concise way.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  3:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eitherway:

The Self-Inquiry book is at least month away, likely more. There was a death in the family here in August, so everything has been delayed. Your interest is much appreciated, and I am still hoping to have it out in the autumn.

In the meantime, you may like to take a look at the work of Byron Katie. Her flagship book is, "Loving What Is". While the AYP Self-Inquiry book will take a broader "yogic" view, what Katie offers is a practical "nuts and bolts" form of self-inquiry that can have an immediate positive impact on navigating the challenges of daily living. It is a good complement for those already engaged in deep meditation and other yoga practices.

In fact, just about any truth-based system of self-inquiry can shine if there is daily deep meditation going on to provide a solid foundation of inner silence -- the witness. Maybe that is why there is so much posting on self-inquiry and advaita (non-duality) here in the forums these days. The witness is with us, and is us. When we see the truth these days, it is recognized much more easily than in times past. It is a good thing.

This rising recognition of truth hereabouts could be viewed as an indication that inner silence leads to self-inquiry, and the reconciliation of the non-duality/duality paradox. It is the increasing direct perception of everything we see and do as "Stillness in action."

What is less certain is whether self-inquiry by itself leads to inner silence. It has something to do with carts and horses being put in the right order.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  5:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Wish you and your family the best during these trying times.

I will be waiting for the book and will look at possibly getting the katie book, although your writing and style really resonates with me (i'm sure with most here) and just might have me reading the lessons again instead.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  8:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
can't wait for it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000