Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Wild Ride
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  12:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night, whew! I was barely able to keep it together. I would be almost asleep but not quite enough. There were wild dreams, more like hallucinations and I was aware that I was not quite asleep. It was a real roller coaster all night, waking many times fully and then going back into the fray. In one of my "dreams" I felt that little tickle at the crown like a tiny flame flickering. I reached up to touch it and the top of my head was gone and my hand came away really scorched. It scared me pretty bad because it was so real. Surprisingly, I awoke about the regular time and didn't feel too bad. I thought I would be dragging all day. I took a little nap in the afternoon and feel mostly normal.

I attribute this to spening the day quickly reading the Secrets of Wilder and perhaps was doing too much concentration while reading, combined with intense anticipation of what was going to happen next.

Namaste,
Jill

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  08:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill,

I don't know whether merely reading Secrets of Wilder or any other book should produce such bombastic effects in you, though the book is pretty inspiring. And I do know such books can send one into a feverish state Do you perhaps need to look into your practices?
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  3:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,

Sorry if I implied the book had that effect. It was just my intense concentration while reading in ADDITION to my practice that may have contributed. Of course my practice is the real culprit and I am self pacing already. I have written elsewhere about it and consulted Yogani who was most helpful. I will continue to follow the good advice and be careful.

Thanks for your interest,
Jill

PS By the way the incident seems to have had no negative results and may have been a surge of cleansing I slept the best I have in years last night.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  06:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill

Happy cleansing then...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000