Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Self Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  6:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since the book isn't out and I am eager to learn what practices I can do without overdoing, can anyone point me to a good lesson or forum post that says how much self inquiry I can do between meditation sessions. How much self pacing is necessary with this practice.

I did a search on the site but there are so many postings and some of the site is not as user friendly as it might be.

Thanks everyone for any help in advance.

Jill

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  7:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill,
The best thread we have on self inquiry is Self-Inquiry -- A Practice Between our Meditations.

The reason I don't want to guide you to a post is because there are many approaches and what works for one may not work for another. The best way to approach it would be to go through the various methods suggested and see what you feel comfortable with.

Many here have found Byron Katie's method of "the work" very useful.

Hope this helps.

PS: You can look for some more in the
Bhakti, Jnana and Karma Yogas forum.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 27 2007 7:58:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000