Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Need help to relieve Kundalini symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  11:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am not sure if I jhave kundalini or not,my whole body feels very hot and I am sweating and my pulse at my palm and feet and heart beat seems very fast. It started at 11 pm, i cant go out to ground myself. I dont think it is Kundalini cos I pratised meditation only for 3 weeks and Panyarama for 2 weeks,but I cant sleep now,help!
Maybe I had both herbal food for lunch and dinner which cause this symptoms. Please reply as soon as possible,cos I need to go to school the next day(need to sleep),thanks

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  12:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello ZZZ,

All of these symptoms are indicative of a fever. Have you taken your temperature? If you have a fever it's best to rest it out, if it's very high you need to see a doctor quickly.

Kundalini symptoms can come regardless of how long someone has practiced or not. It's possible that kundalini can cause these symptoms, but if you have a fever you need to treat it as such anyway.

Hope you find relief soon!

Edited by - weaver on Aug 26 2007 12:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  1:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel hot internally,my head,armpit,neck is not hot
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  1:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Z,

If they are symptoms of over-doing things practice-wise then you would want to make sure you scale back the length of time of your practice. The heat isn’t a major problem in any event (if it is practice related) it will dissipate in time. You might also want to consider not doing pranayama until you have a few months (or more) of meditation under your belt.

Doing 50% of your usual length of time for meditation would be a good example of how to self-pace until the symptoms subside. For the time being, it would be a good idea to drop pranayama at least until you symptoms go away.

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  1:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is kundalini, I wouldn't fear it. That usually adds to the problem if there is one. So on that end, I would find relief in the ultimately loving nature of your energy. But if it is a fever, as suggested, you might want to observe for further symptoms. Or keep a watchful eye for anything else it could be.

You should feel the same warmth after a good message, sex, a belly laugh, or while blushing. So, no worries.

Let us know how things work out, Z.

Edited by - Kyman on Aug 26 2007 1:34:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  10:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't need to go out to ground yourself. You can exercise on the floor, care for potted plants, do tai chi, sit in a bath, care for your body, just lie on the floor and relax or stretch, slow deep breathing but no pranayama, etc.
Go to Top of Page

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  02:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your replies. The heartbeat,pulse increase,heat all that subsided after 2 hours. However,today when I do pranayama,there is no effect whatsoever,but meditation seems to have lots of activity going on. I think i am doing my pranayama wrongly - my feeling most of the time cannot go up the neck,stop at the shoulders, my books still have not come - will arrive in 2 days

Edmund
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  09:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Edmund,

It's good to hear that the symptoms subsided!
You can read how to do Pranayama correct here:

http://www.aypsite.org/39.html
http://www.aypsite.org/41.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000