Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prodibnil

Belgium
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  10:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit prodibnil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i've een practissing hatha yoga for about 1,5 year.
i do yoga asanas every day of the week or as much as i can.

well recently i had this dream where burning hot energy was rising to my skull and then the crown of my head just popped with energy. like water thats boiling with a lot of bubbles.this feeling of energy leaving my skull was accompanied by feelings of anxiety and fear.

after this i have had 1) pressure in the head(sometimes during my sleep in a dream my head feels hot)
2)when hearing music wich i find good and relaxing , i feel a tingling effect of bliss at the back of my head.
I also have this feeling when my yoga teacher shouts the mantra OM or when somebody strokes in my hair or with art.
3) sometimes spasms in left and right arm , left leg.
4) I feel my hearthbeat all the time , especially in my fingers. I dont need to touch my body for this. for example when i thouch a closet or table i can feel the hearthbeat in my fingers.i can feel the pressure.
5) after a mushroom trip i was in bed and a good friend came in. when he came in , i felt an energy wich i would describe as cycnical , not dark or evil but i felt it very strong.
6) when i smoked weed, my body shaked liked hell. really uncontrollable spasms. (this is over now)
7) sometimes its like i can read the emotions of people or feel their emotions. For example , my sister was in the kitchen and was very angry. I could not see her face when i entered but i felt an agressive energy and i knew she was angry.
8) i tried a meditation once or twice and after the meditation i felt head pressure again. I also had an incredible amount of energy.
all these symptoms are not overwhelming but very subtle and smooth.

i dont know what this is supposed to be. maybe its nothing , but i th

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  05:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi prodibnil,

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've got some energies going there, getting a lot of energy experiences. They can come in many different ways, like you describe. Since you report on using some drugs, I'd recommend you to read this lesson if you want to understand more of the contradiction of using drugs while doing spiritual practices. Energies and drugs usually just don't go very well together, so it might be very difficult for you to sort out what is due to the drug and what is actually spiritual stuff going on.

http://www.aypsite.org/29.html

There's also more links here

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2225
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  06:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Pro. I'd agree with emc that the use of drugs isn't a good idea right now. I personally believe that they can be very helpful on the spiritual path (used very sparingly and with focused intention for spiritual purposes). But aspirants use drugs to get to the place where you already are, so for you to continue to take them may prove to be a big mistake...I'm thinking of the energy overload problems that plague those who simply refuse to cut back on energy-inviting practices. And that's what most drugs do - they amp up the energy in the body. Consider some strict self-pacing, not only with drugs but with yoga and other energy-producing activities, until your symptoms feel like they're under better control. Do you follow the AYP method? If not, you might check it out, as it addresses the energy and how to keep it nice & smooth. Hope it goes well for you.
Go to Top of Page

prodibnil

Belgium
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit prodibnil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok so i stopped smoking weed for a couple of days.
in those days my headaches would increase dramatically.
I did pranajama ( kapalabathi , belly breathing , fully breathing with belly , chest , top ) and the headaches increased in "pain".

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  09:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, smoking weed and mushroom trips etc. are going to make it hard for you to make spiritual progress. People who like to do those things are just playing and having a good time, but are not yet serious about spiritual progress. You may get glimpses of the spiritual path, but you aren't really completely travelling on it.

For the headache pain, read this post:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=619

It tells how putting all of your awareness and senses on pain will kill it.

There is also a possibility of energy imbalances being the cause. In that case you should click on "Main lessons" above, and follow the ayp system of meditation and pranayama. It balances energies so you won't have that problem.
Also it will make this forum more helpful because we understand the kind of experiences you can have along the path. If you are following other paths, there can be an endless string of problems that we can't easily help with.
You can still practice hatha yoga and do AYP meditation and pranayama to balance the energies.
If the cause is from kundalini, you may have to cut back on everything however to slow down the energy and make it smoother.

see the topic index and look under "self pacing":

http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 28 2007 09:49:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  4:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, i had the shakes too during weed trips. read my post Kundalini Sneak Peek. probably a good idea to lay off.
Go to Top of Page

prodibnil

Belgium
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  12:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit prodibnil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what do those body shakes mean when you smoke weed?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000