Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Pranayama Stimulation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  04:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In Pranayama we are using subtle practices like Mulabandha and Siddhasana, why don't we ever use more direct genital stimulation?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  08:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because the idea is to move prana up the spine. Genital stimulation will tend to anchor the life force in the sexual organs so it won't move elsewhere. It's possible for some people to use genital stimulation and then mentally make it not sexual, but in my opinion you are just asking to get side-tracked.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  01:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gray,

There's an advanced siddhasana in the Tantra lessons, which stimulates the genitals more directly:

http://www.aypsite.org/T28.html

I used it for a short period of time. It's effective, but I prefer the Main Lesson version. It can also be distracting, as Etherfish alluded to.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CT, I had overlooked the tantra lessons.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000