Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Can I practise Tantra before Pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  06:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since starting Meditation, I have remained celibate for 1 week and the urge is kicking in,so is there an adverse effect from practising Tantra before practising Pranayama ?

How do you know if you are ready to practise Pranyama ?

Current Progress:

I only fell into deep meditaton once (where I was really dreaming and then waking from it)

I have felt the base of my spine vibrating once,the whole of my spine vibrating once,my hands,neck and back of my head vibrating thrice,a feel of someone wraaping something around my face thrice and when resting after meditation,a floating feeling twice (dont feel like i am on the bed,but floating)

Hope you guys / gals can give some adivce,thanks

Cheers

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 13 2007 08:03:26 AM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  2:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tantra from my understanding is like Yamas and Yimas in that Yogani says that it will be something that occurs as a result of the core practices, meditation and pranayama. I suppose the active things you could do Tantrically would be retaining ejaculate (if you are male) and if you masturbate or have sex practice staying ahead of orgasm.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000