AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  09:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i've been practicing samyama for a bit but i'm wondering about self-pacing... i started by slowly adding each of the nine prayers over a span of a few months and i've added up to "strength". i feel this is enough for now and i'm starting to think i may need to back down just a bit. should i need to self pace, what is the best way to do so? should i be doing one repetition of all nine paryers or maybe go back to doing just the first couple prayers repeating twice.

by the way, i just began reading the samyama book and so far it is fabulous!

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  09:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there clk1710,

I think there is value in doing all the sutras as they all have different qualities to help us with our inner opening. Not to mention that as we do each sutra daily over months and years, they get deeper and more powerful so stopping and starting will delay this effect. So when I self-pace in this department, which I have been for over a year, I do all of them once each.

good luck,

A

Edited by - Anthem on Jul 05 2007 09:49:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  4:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Clk1710:

It is an interesting approach to building up your sutras. Nothing wrong with it, if it works for you.

Normally we'd take them all on at once, and self pace the whole set, like Anthem said. But your approach is okay too. Once you have them all, then I suggest keeping them together and self-pacing the whole set as needed, as discussed in the Samyama book.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  4:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks all... so clearly the sutras are better meant to be taken as a set rather than broken up like i'm doing, so perhaps i should just take one repetition of the whole set instead of 2 repetitions of the first 5?? i think 2 repetitions will be too much. what do u folks think
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  01:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Clk1710:

I do one rep of all nine right now and two when I have the time and the inclination.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  11:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks yb
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000