Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Pulse rate during meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meghji

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit meghji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last year at the end of my session the heart beats used to be between 65 to 70. Now it has come down to about 55 per minute. What does this mean? What is the safe limit? Please advice.
Thanks,
MEGHJI

Edited by - meghji on Jun 12 2007 09:48:15 AM

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meghji,

This is common, when doing yoga or meditation for an extended time, that when inner silence manifests more in the system, then the heart rate decreases as well. This is nothing to worry about. I have heard lower figures as well, but it's of course individual.

And, welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

meghji

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  1:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit meghji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WEAVER,

THANKS FOR GUIDANCE

MEGHJI
Go to Top of Page

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  2:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I took my pressure today and I was 122/55 myself.
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  2:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Has it ever happend to any of you that when you are lying down and taking the 5 minute rest after the yoga, the metabolism has dropeed so low that you feel like drugged and unable to move, and wanting to fall asleep? It has happened to me before, and it happened today evening - I was in a semi asleep state and before I knew, 1 hour had passed and I missed an appointment, and I'm trying to convince myself that perhaps this kind of thing is unavoidable and I should not fret about my missed appointment.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it happens to me. I have metabolic problems anyway, with low blood sugar, so i don't know how much is from meditation. When I slow my system down, it just goes slower and slower. Conversely if I exercise I can't sleep for hours. I just thought it was me.
I always set an alarm for appointments whether meditating or sleeping or anything sedentary.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  10:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maximus, has happened to me too... but like Ether, I too have low BP... I don't know if there is a correlation. I think it is just the aftermath of the meditation working itself out. After all it doesn't happen at each and every session. I'm sure you also find a lot of variation... even restlessness in the '5' min rest period.

Meghji, I'd say the dropping of the pulse rate is a positive indicator of everything going the right direction. Stillness does reflect on the physical as well. In many yoga books this is given as a measure to look out for as you 'progress' in meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000