Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 The Heart of 21st Century Kirtan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,

I started to do one of my standard, (cough) "content rich" posts ... but then, felt moved to let these videos speak for themselves.

Girish's "Hanuman".

Krishna Das's Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Both of these guys are the real deal, all the way; Bhakti Yogis, straight from the Heart.

What you see in those clips is their practice (meaning: it's not performance; even the upbeat stuff is invoking the Divine, invoking the Real.)

Gotta share this one, too; it's the chant of KD's that got me into kirtan in the first place:

Krishna Das's Hare Krishna.

Aum Hridayam*,

Kirtanman

PS - And yes, this is exactly the type of kirtan I do, I've chanted every tune on the Yogamates videos, with each artist listed, on multiple occasions.

*Aum Hridayam = "Heart is where the AUM is"

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  10:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks Kirtanman. Ist time listening overwhelmed by the beauty of it. If you get a chance try to listen to some of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's qawali (sufi religious music). Has more of a lyrical content but a similar vibe of bhakti and love shines through.
peace
Go to Top of Page

matangi

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit matangi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Kirtanman, thank you so very much for sharing your love of this joyful bhakti! I've ordered 5 CD's - 2 of Girish and 3 Krishna Das. It is just what I need to rev my bhakti!

I am so grateful for discovering AYP and I love practicing. Listening to, singing with, and moving to kirtan helps the love of my practice flow!

I bow in thanks.

And so the moral of the story is....you just keep on posting those "content rich" posts because you never know who or how you serve.

Love, Light, and Joy -

matangi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000