Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Perils of Ego (or: "My" Supplants "Thy")
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sp...e1991114.ece

"I quickly realised that athletics was more important to my identity than I believed possible. I was the best in the world at what I did and suddenly that was not true any more. "

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 30 2007 11:52:27 AM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  10:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating! Someone should send him a link to AYP :)

It is interesting that one could be so woven into their beliefs for 37 years and then for no apparent reason - Poof! - it's gone, only to be replaced by the opposite. Could it be that perhaps his mind or spirit shed itself of the beliefs?

In a sense, I do not think Christianity or any other monotheistic religion is fundamentally incompatible or opposite to AYP...simply that they place the God/Creator label on a paternal personified diety whereas we see that it is all one and as Timothy Leary said, "Your brain is God."
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  10:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking the same thing, Anthony. Great idea. He could replace the content of his ego structure with AYP and then transcend it. A classic example of a person experiencing the collapse of a belief system and the resulting freedom. Thanks for the article, Jim.

"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." Bruce Lee.

Christianity is Bhakti Yoga. (don't tell them that!) It is the love of God with form. In this case it, is it is the person of Jesus. In the Hindu religion, it is Krishna and in Islam, it is Allah. It gives the mind something to focus on and express it's religious instinct until it can grasp the concept of a formless God. The higher understanding of Bhakti is without form. So they are all really Yogis. This is according to Yogi Ramacharaka.

Now, if we can just get all of these people to emphasize their humanity instead of their religion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000