Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Reincarnation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  12:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is from another thread, but I was wondering what peoples view of reincarnation was or if anyone had any Writings from the Masters that I could look over?

Thank you:

VIL

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  05:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From my memory of reading one Master's words..

When the body dies the soul goes into bardo - the intermediary state. Bardo lasts about 43 days. During this time the soul sees a variety of colours/light which correspond to the variety of worlds. The brightest/clearest colour is that of the upper causal worlds. The darkest is that of the hellish realms in our physical dimention. If I remember correctly, the colour that corresponds to our human consciousness appears on day 37 of bardo.

Today, most human beings who die lose consiousness and go into shock upon death as they have no experience of bardo. Due to this they do not have the ability to choose their next destination and their birth is determined automatically in accordance with the condition of their soul. That depends on the weight and composition of fears, preferences/attachments, and cause-effect debts. Generally the more pollution/data in the soul, the lower is the birth, and the more light in the soul, the higher is the birth. On the other hand if one has had experience of bardo in deep meditation, and has nurtured their concsiousness to dispassion/indifference then one is able to choose their next birth (or maybe even non-birth) irrespective of any pollutions that remain.

quote:
35. "Sariputta, there are these five destinations. What are the five? Hell, the animal realm, the realm of ghosts, human beings and gods.15

36. (1) "I understand hell, and the path and way leading to hell. And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, on the dissolution of the body, after death, reappear in a state of deprivation, in an unhappy destination, in perdition, in hell.

(2) "I understand the animal realm, and the path and way leading to the animal realm. And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, on the dissolution of the body, after death, reappear in the animal realm.

(3) "I understand the realm of ghosts, and the path and way leading to the realm of ghosts. And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, on the dissolution of the body, after death, reappear in the realm of ghosts.

(4) "I understand human beings, and the path and way leading to the human world. And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, on the dissolution of the body, after death, reappear among human beings.

(5) "I understand the gods, and the path and way leading to the world of the gods. And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, on the dissolution of the body, after death, reappear in a happy destination, in the heavenly world.

(6) "I understand Nibbana, and the path and way leading to Nibbana. [74] And I also understand how one who has entered this path will, by realizing it for himself with direct knowledge, here and now enter upon and abide in the deliverance of mind and deliverance by wisdom that are taintless with the destruction of the taints.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipi...12.ntbb.html

^
The above is a very brief summary and I don't think it is a very good translation. There are actually many more destinations. The above five are only for the physical world and can be subdivided into many categories. There are also the astral and the causal worlds that intertwine with and at the same time are above the physical. Those are much subtler/higher dimentions (based on sound and light as opposed to heat) and the higher you go the less is the density of the population in those worlds and the brighter the light. Above the causal world is the source, nirvana, brightest light, the final destination..

Anyway, moral of the story: We need to learn to deep meditate and experience bardo in this life in order to prepare for death and not leave ourselves at the mercy of the birth and death cycle.
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  08:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
There is an interesting topic http://www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/43.html by Paramahamsa Yogananda . Resurrection of Sri Yukteswar.

Edited by - Srinivas_Mallya on Jul 01 2007 09:30:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  3:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the posts and links, Chiron and Srinvas_Mallya:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000