Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sacred Microsoft
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  1:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am just wondering how many people have noticed what Microsoft (or someone at Microsoft) has put in Windows Media Player? If you play a CD windows plays it by default on the Media Player. If you right click over the screen, then click on Battery, and then on “I see the Truth”, a visual display comes up with guess what? You guessed it, concentric blue and gold circles with a white star in the middle! It’s not as beautiful as the real thing, but it’s a pretty good attempt.

If you haven’t seen it, check it out. (Works on xp and 2000 I believe)

Christi

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  2:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even better, Microsoft Office for Mac contains an Asteroids game (the original code!). Open the "Microsoft Office Notifications" application, hold down command-control-option while selecting About Office Notifications and click the Asteroids icon.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  9:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks, Christi - pretty cool!

Works in Vista, w/Media Player 11, too.

Took me a while to find it ("a while" in techie-time, aka 3-4 mins. ) - the "Battery" bit threw me; I thought this had something to do with the system battery, or some such.

In an oh-so-clearly unrelated coincidence, I stopped using the "Now Playing" visualization thingy in Media Player right around the same time I stopped ingesting copious amounts of marijuana (all together now: "Hmmmmm". )

Not really, of course. Pretty much. ANYway ... for anyone who might be similarly befuzzled: when you're in Media Player, make sure you're in the "Now Playing" view (option at top of screen), then choose:

Visualizations>Battery>I See The Truth

It changes colors; it started out pretty much as you describe, but goes through all sorts of apparently harmonious (color aesthetics have never been my thing) color combinations (blues, greens, reds, pinks, etc.)

Just like a slightly-beyond-initial-stage third-eye.

It is pretty curious that whoever selected that exact design-pattern (increasingly larger circles-within-circles with 3-4 primary divisions of shading and colors) decided to name it "I see the truth".

It seems very third-eye-ish to me, too (as in: "whoever designed it must be a yogic meditator"), though plead guilty to likely yoga-centricity, perceptually-speaking.

If nothing else, kudos for managing to work two words I *never* thought I'd see together into your thread title!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  04:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately in my german version I cannot find "I see the truth".
May be it got translated differently ?
Under "Battery" I find 26 subitems starting with:
1. "Zufällige Anordnung" = "Random"
2. "Helle Sphäre" = "Bright sphere"
3. "Verrückte Kreise" = "Crazy circles"
4. "Sternregen" = "Starrain"
... and so on.

Assuming the order of those items is the same as in english,
it would be helpful to know the english name of the items
above and below of "I see the truth".
Would be nice if somebody could look those names up for me ?

regards
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  05:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Wolfgang:

illuminator is above it, kaleidovision is below. It is 14th from top.

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  05:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I Kirtanman,

quote:
Just like a slightly-beyond-initial-stage third-eye.

It is pretty curious that whoever selected that exact design-pattern (increasingly larger circles-within-circles with 3-4 primary divisions of shading and colors) decided to name it "I see the truth".

It seems very third-eye-ish to me, too (as in: "whoever designed it must be a yogic meditator"), though plead guilty to likely yoga-centricity, perceptually-speaking.

I agree,
I just can't believe it is a coincidence. And as you have probably noticed by now I am one of those people who is willing to believe pretty much anything.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Wolfgang:

illuminator is above it, kaleidovision is below. It is 14th from top.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, got it.
It's called "Kristallkugel" (Crystalball) in german.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  5:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although it is a current fad to try to tear down large corporations, Microsoft is quite a force for good. Bill Gates has decided to give away most of his money before he dies, and only leave a small percentage to his kids. His wife works full time at giving the money away. She evaluates different charities and donates to the best of them.
The Gates' are especially concerned with distributing vaccines to third world countries around the world, and with education, and supplying computers and software to inner city schools. They have saved more lives of impoverished people than the US government has with it's humanitarian work.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  04:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish,

quote:
Although it is a current fad to try to tear down large corporations, Microsoft is quite a force for good. Bill Gates has decided to give away most of his money before he dies, and only leave a small percentage to his kids. His wife works full time at giving the money away. She evaluates different charities and donates to the best of them.
The Gates' are especially concerned with distributing vaccines to third world countries around the world, and with education, and supplying computers and software to inner city schools. They have saved more lives of impoverished people than the US government has with it's humanitarian work.

Actually I channelled that thread title. I would never have been able to think of it myself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000