AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Losing / Repeating Mantra...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mattimo

25 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  11:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I apologize if the following question has already been asked and answered already: Is it the aim in "I-AM mantra meditation" to ONLY repeat the mantra after one has "lost" it? That is, specifically, when one has completely forgot about the mantra and is immersed in other thoughts? Or should one ALSO repeat the mantra if one has not "lost" themselves in other thoughts? That is, specifically, if one has thought the mantra a matter of minutes previously and is still aware and not thinking other thoughts should one repeat the mantra again? Moreover, if one has thought the mantra a matter of minutes previously and is only partially immersed in other thoughts and is aware when one last thought the mantra, should the mantra still be repeated again?

I would sincerely appreciate any and all replies from all you well-practiced people out there.

Thank you

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One should repeat the mantra continously and hwen one has lost it one should return to the mantra and gently favor it over other thoughts or distractions
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  03:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Too much information!!!!
Just relax, let the mantra come and when it goes gently bring it into your attention.
All of this is causing you to think and analyze the process which inevitably hinders it greatly.

Good Luck and God Bless............
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  10:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd suggest you follow Victor's advice, and do it exactly the way you brush your teeth.
Go to Top of Page

Mattimo

25 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  01:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000