Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Eating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  8:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys.

I recently had a kundalini episode that lasted for the second half of a day. I won't go into it, but I know it occured to give me the first-hand proof of validity that I have been whining for ever since I began AYP. Anyway, I have been reading a lot on Kundalini on www.biologyofkundalini.com and elsewhere. My main point of this is on eating.

How does your diet/eating habits noticably or subtlely affect your ecstatic conductivity or yoga in general?

I have become a bit obsessive about my diet. For the past year or more I have gotten really into organic health, holistic nutrition, vegetarianism and so on...all good stuff. Lately, I have been interested in caloric restriction, not in a systematic way but more of a general tendency to NOT overeat. See, I am 20 years old and only 132 pounds, but i EAT!. I mean, it's always healthy stuff but I know it is not good to overeat, i just like eating! However, I do notice a tendency in myself to acknoledge that my body is full and continue eating anyway. Not only is this physicall unhealthy, but as i've gathered over time, this is also spirutually detrimental as it has a weighing-down effect that I do notice. It is a popular theory that people eat a lot to dull themselves or it is a mechanism of the ego to defend itself. In any event, it is causing me a lot of angst and I keep trying to eat less but I can't seem to help it!
Lately for some reason i find myself having little to no appetite during the day, but when the night comes its all over...

Does anyone else stuggle with eating habits that are poor or have any advice or knowledge on the issue?

Though I know not to rush into anything, especially when it comes to kundalini, I of course desire to experience palpable results from yoga. I have this feeling now that if I can only manage to cut my diet down considerably and perhaps even towards a more raw diet my conductivity will increase.

Thanks!

Namaste :)

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 24 2007 8:54:30 PM

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  11:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I follow the 80/10/10 diet... basically fruitarian, but eating massive salads and simple to digest veggies like leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers.... My simple take on it... and it has been one of the greatest parts of my spiritual practice for the last 3 years, is that that our digestive system takes energy to digest food. Fruit and raw veggies being the easiest foods to digest, and the most nutrient dense foods on earth, provides everything the body needs for vibrant health, while cutting down on the tax load it takes to process. So that freed of digestive energy can go elsewhere, into all aspects of our lives. For me it really amps up my spiritual practice and my body thanks me for it.

YOu dont have to any specific diet to reap the understanding that eating simpler, more nutrient dense foods, that are easier to digest, will be better for the body overall... Ive had periods where I am doing lots of cooked starches and grains as well... carbohydrates are the best fuel for the body in my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  01:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

You amy check this if you have not already:

http://www.aypsite.org/304.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000