Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Need very quick help about black tea - yes or no!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
According to google 100g of black tea contains only 0.02g of caffeine.

I've done my research on the forum and noticed that people talk mostly about coffee (pure caffeine) that I believe would be much worse than a cup of black tea itself.

My question is: after morning meditation do you believe it would be ok to have a cup of loose leaf black tea before going to work?

I've brought a lot of organic black tea and green tea from England and I wouldn't like to get rid of them since apart from being organic I've heard they're healthy.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by - digofarias on Feb 09 2013 10:11:00 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  10:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  11:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Digofarias

I've been drinking tea all my life and have many cups through the day (a cup or two of coffee most days too) and I'm still alive. I have a cup o'tea after the morning session too - no problems.

Everything in moderation I say. If you overlook the caffeine in tea (which is only a small amount) it contains many beneficial properties and it's tasty.

If you want to get rid of the tea you could always send it my way .
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa
Everything in moderation I say... If you want to get rid of the tea you could always send it my way .

You can moderate it like they do in rural Japan, to make sure the caffenie doesn't impede their sleep: new loose green-tea leaves into the teapot in the morning, pour hot water over. Then each time you pour more hot water over it during the day, it gets less and less strong, and finally in the evening, it's mostly water with just a slight tea flavor.
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys!

The reason why I asked is because my Kundalini is awaken and I've read here in this forum that caffeine can block the benefits of meditation or something even worse for those who have kundalini awaken.

I'm going to try a cuppa tomorrow.

PS: woosa, unfortunately I won't post it to you, I'm going to have it all! sorry haha
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  1:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

If you want a quick and short answer then it's "No"

But of course...You have to experiment for yourself.

Over here,can't drink tea,coffee,carbonated drinks containing cola,hot chocolate.... "I still break the rule sometimes but never end with pleasant results"

I love green tea with Jasmine and green tea with lemon grass but I become hyperactive with extra boost of energy.I have some in the morning but not every day.

Hot beverages that are with no side effects so far in my case :ginger,fennel and sage herbs.

Edited by - Namath on Feb 09 2013 1:58:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  1:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tea?! What is next on the list of "bad foods"? OK, it is true that black tea as it is usually prepared is loaded with dihydrogen monoxide but they put that stuff in almost all foods and beverages. I guess I like to live dangerously.. /happily has cup

Edited by - Victor on Feb 09 2013 2:01:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  2:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

it is usually prepared is loaded with dihydrogen monoxide I guess I like to live dangerously.. /happily has cup

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  2:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi digofarias,

Why do you ask? Just curious...

Most of us have gone through phases of "giving up" or "renouncing" this or that - coffee, alcohol, meat, sex, whatever, because we have been told that that specific thing isn't conducive to making progress. However, in my experience and humble opinion, it doesn't work like that. Renouncing is never forced, and is never effective "outside in".

Some years ago, I stopped drinking coffee and tea (don't care for alcohol anyway) and eating anything that was not sattvic, including onions, garlic, green peppers, etc. for more than a year. And it was frustrating at the time to feel that I was not making much progress spiritually despite this (and other austerities). Finally, I just gave up that rigid idea and started drinking coffee again - a morning ritual I have loved and had missed. There were more openings and deep spiritual insights within the following month than the previous year.

Be if caffeine or anything else, each of us will go through periods of not wanting it, being sensitive to it, and finally, that "it" not making any difference whatsoever. True renouncing is what comes "inside out".

I'd suggest learning to listen to your intuition and your body - it will tell you when (and if) to cut back on tea. Looks like it is telling you now to enjoy it - go for it!! It will not make you any less spiritual

Love
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Organic, english tea! Dont waste it - Please do post it to Woosa.
Woosa - I get commission this consignment!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs

Organic, english tea! Dont waste it - Please do post it to Woosa.
Woosa - I get commission this consignment!

No way, I saw it first! It's mine It'll be a reprieve from the swill I'm drinking at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  04:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  02:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Green Tea has a lot less caffeine and it has a caffeine suppresent in it called L-Theanine. So green tea is pratically neutral on caffeine.
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  6:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys!!! I had black tea and it was fine... :)
Go to Top of Page

CarlyJeffin

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I suppose its totally ok, I drink a lot of tea, but I have iron deficiency and drinking tea can worsen it, as well as coffee. Someone asked the question is black tea good for you here and you can read what other people also write. I should probably replace it with green tea but I don't like the taste.

Edited by - CarlyJeffin on Aug 16 2013 08:29:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000