Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Amaroli Contraindictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EnochAbraham

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  06:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I was brought here to ask a question that was sparked in my reading of Swami Satyananda's articles. He mentioned that if one is ingesting protein, than you should not do amaroli. Let me rephrase, his specific words were if you are to practice amaroli, avoid all kids of proteins. For those who practice amaroli, have you had the experience of avoiding protein during amaroli. Also, for those who practice, do you have better experiences, or more profound or noticeable, experiences doing amaroli while fasting, or while eating. I ask because I have felt the urge in me to transition away from solid food... I feel better without it, and my intuition is pointing me in that direction. Actually, I am just more in tune when I am drinking mineralized, magnetically and solar charged water, sungazing has been the cause of this. SO I was wondering what folks would have to say about this, and I greatly appreciated any insight here on this forum

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I eat meat and have practised amaroli daily. I didn't suffer any negative effects. Whenever I've done amaroli and fasting at the same time it has been too much - later on it has given me a strong headache.

Amaroli really does have a profound effect on meditation and is worth doing once you get over the ming factor.

But that is just me, and the only way you will find out if Satyananda's advice works for you is to experiment for yourself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000