Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What is a Satsang Center?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  11:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys. Quick question.

I was driving home today through my local slums, and noticed that connected to a Subway was "Baps Satsang Center". My heart fluttered at the notion that perhaps there may be a spiritual institution around my home, a beautiful blue lotus wafting in the breeze that ever so gracefully and serendipitously ornaments the sterile landscape of industry and man that is my town.

So my question is, what is a Satsang Center and will it be of any use to me?

Edited by - anthony574 on Jun 15 2007 11:34:42 AM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  3:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A satsang centre is usually a discussion centre for spiritual topics like our satsang cafe forum.

The only way to find out really is to visit it and see I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  8:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And the fact that it is in the slums is a big plus!

I find the best organizations originate in the ghetto.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  11:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So you sit around and talk about things?

I wouldn't want to go and have me be the only one who isn't really well versed in Hindu philosophy and I'll feel dumb :(
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  12:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it would be an Idea to try and find their phone No, then you could call them and find out if it was an open sort of thing or just for the local Hindu community.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000