AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Pre-disposition?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  12:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Several years ago I had what I now realise was probably a spontaneous kundalini awakening as a result of craniosacral therapy.

I could fill a book with the complexities of this experience and the turmoil it created in my life. However, over the years I have since managed to reach a tentative equilibrium and abandonned all things 'spiritual' in trying to achieve it. Recently I have felt the lack of spirituality in my life and feel drawn to do something about it.

Does one spontaneous kundalini awakening experience pre-dispose me to another? Or once experienced is that?! Would it be advisable for me to commence AYP practices?

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aurora, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!
i really understand a spontaneous kundalini awakening and i can vouch that these practices have really really helped me cope with the inbalances that i had as a result and to connect with others who can relate. i encourage you to try these practices and start from the beginning. i recommend first reading the book "deep meditation" or reading the main lessons on this website. i know you'll find alot of support on this forum and alot of people that can relate to spontaneous kundalini awakenings. i wish you the best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  2:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aurora welcome to the forum

Kundalini awakening doesnt have to be unpleasant if planned for properly and that's exactly what we do here so Yes it would be definitely advisable to start AYP practices they will stabilise you.

If you start at the beginning of the lessons and work through slowly you shouldn’t have any problem at all AYP has been designed to make sure you do things in easy safe stages so if you don’t rush things and self pace as the lessons tell you it should be fine.

There is plenty of help here at every stage you only have to ask and everyone will be willing to help you with any questions or problems.

So again welcome to the forum
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  11:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aurora. Welcome to the forum. We're glad you are here. I have to agree with what has already been said. Yes! to the AYP practices. Please read the lessons from the beginning.

I personally think the book on meditation had a little more info in it, went a little deeper and explored some topics I was interested in.

I can only attest to the balance, serenity, peace and joy this meditation (and other practices here) have brought me.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  03:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies and encouraging messages. I have in fact been doing the 'I am' meditation for a week or so but thought I had better check things out because the spontaneous kundalini awakening is not something I wish to repeat, even though aspects of it were amazing! I will have a go at reading the meditation book. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP, Aurora. I'm curious about your cranio-sacral experience. I've had CS therapy done in the past, and it was always very powerful, but not the turmoil that you refer to. It instantly put me into a state of yoga nidra where I was barely conscious, and afterwards my energy would run like a fountain up my spine and into my head. That would last for a few days. I'm wondering if your CS therapist may have been too aggressive, and not listened to the signals from your body. Just a thought. My therapist would often stop in a certain area when I wanted her to continue, but she explained that she was getting signals that my body was holding back and she didn't want to push it. If you have anything more to share on this I'd be interested in hearing it, b'c I've been thinking about finding another CS therapist to start treatments again, but your post makes me think that I should hold off on that, as it could create problems.

Anyway, it's great that you found AYP. I hope that it works for you the way it works for the rest of us. :)
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  3:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Meg

I think I am very sensitve to hands on therapy. The first time I ever had massage therapy I had an out of body experience. The therapist at that time was very helpful and on subsequent occasions she kept me 'grounded'.

The CS therapist was also a 'spiritual healer' and into energy therapy - he said my engery was all over the place. It certainly was after the treatment! When I phoned him to say how I was feeling he asked if I was coping with it and when I said just about, that was it. When I went back to see him he said I was 'sensitive'. I found it very hard to express exactly what was happening to me as it was beyond the realms of any previous experience I'd had.

It sounds like your CS therapist is much more in tune with you than mine was!
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  3:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that he called you sensitive, when in fact it was he who was insensitive. But some people are more affected by body work than others, so he may be right. The odd thing for me is that my body is not especially sensitive to alternative modes of therapy, but for whatever reason, CS just knocks me out and gets the energy flowing.

The thing about CS therapy is that it's not taken very seriously by the medical community due to lack of scientific research and lack of solid, repeatable results. So the regulation on training isn't scrutinized like, say, brain surgery. The result is a lot of quacks getting licensed as CS therapists, hanging out their shingles, and who's going to tell them they can't? The problem with this (one of many problems..) is the lack of training in what could go wrong. He probably didn't know what to tell you, so instead called you sensitive.

Edited by - Manipura on Jun 07 2007 4:12:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  07:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think you're right about his insensitivity! It seems CS therapy is a very relaxing and positive experience for you and that your therapist is a persom of integrity you can trust.

My experience was of the "doors of perception" suddenly opening. I was pitched out of my everyday complacency to a bliss state where I felt at one with everything but at the same time a state of great fear because I thought I was going mad and had lost touch with normal reality. I became very intuitive and psychically aware (third eye opening?); I experienced astral travel; I studied and practised spiritual healing; I studied tarot;etc, etc. In short, I became a New Age groupie! I was looking for an answer to what had happened to me. From reading this website I think the things I pursued may well have aggravated my problems - the heightened awareness came and went for about 2 years.

Admidst all this I was working and bringing up a family and trying to appear 'normal' to the outside world. Later several quite difficult life events occurred in my life and the strain of it all brought me down.

It took several years to recover and it was during this time I read of spontaneous kundalini awakening and the difficulties it can cause. I feel I shall never really get over it but maybe that's not the point - like it or not it's brought me to where I am now! Which as far as this forum is concerned seems a great place to be
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  08:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aurora,

quote:
Yes, I think you're right about his insensitivity! It seems CS therapy is a very relaxing and positive experience for you and that your therapist is a persom of integrity you can trust.

My experience was of the "doors of perception" suddenly opening. I was pitched out of my everyday complacency to a bliss state where I felt at one with everything but at the same time a state of great fear because I thought I was going mad and had lost touch with normal reality. I became very intuitive and psychically aware (third eye opening?); I experienced astral travel; I studied and practised spiritual healing; I studied tarot;etc, etc. In short, I became a New Age groupie! I was looking for an answer to what had happened to me. From reading this website I think the things I pursued may well have aggravated my problems - the heightened awareness came and went for about 2 years.

Admidst all this I was working and bringing up a family and trying to appear 'normal' to the outside world. Later several quite difficult life events occurred in my life and the strain of it all brought me down.

It took several years to recover and it was during this time I read of spontaneous kundalini awakening and the difficulties it can cause. I feel I shall never really get over it but maybe that's not the point - like it or not it's brought me to where I am now! Which as far as this forum is concerned seems a great place to be

Welcome to the forum.

In terms of kundalini awakening, it can depend more on your own readiness than on anything external that happens to you, or is done to you by someone else. If you were ready, then it may not have mattered much what your CS therapist did to you. Just being near him could have triggered the same reaction if you were open enough. My first kundalini awakening happened about 17 years ago and was triggered by watching a sunset. Maybe it was a very insensitive sunset .
You will recover. In fact it sounds like you are well on your way. 2 years is really not long in terms of a kundalini awakening, and things can be a bit hair raising for a while. But it does all settle down eventually, especially with the right spiritual practices. So you are in the right place.

When my kundalini awoke, like you I did not know anything about it and tried for a long time to understand what had happened. I had never done any spiritual practices and had never heard the word kundalini. I signed up for a 30 day silent meditation retreat . I had never meditated before. Needles to say I didn't survive the course, and left after a week, unable to see because of the intensity of the light.

I feel much more now like I am working with the energies, rather than being overwhelmed by them (most of the time anyway ). If I had known about AYP 17 years ago (or if it had even existed for that matter), I think I would have been able to come to the surface much faster than I did.

quote:
Does one spontaneous kundalini awakening experience pre-dispose me to another? Or once experienced is that?! Would it be advisable for me to commence AYP practices?

When you talk about a kundalini awakening experience here I assume you are talking about the dramatic kind, where large amounts of prana are released in one go forming a river of energy flowing up the spine and into or out of the higher chakras, blowing open everything (and everyone ) in it's path. This is just one kind of kundalini awakening, and the most famous one. But kundalini can be awakened in a much more gentle and less dramatic fashion. This can happen either spontaneously or through spiritual practices, like AYP. So the answer to your question is (I think), yes, you are now more predisposed to your kundalini awakening again. But it does not necessarily have to happen again in the dramatic fashion that it did for you before. It could rise much more gradually, and more pleasurably, with less dramatic overtures. Or, with the practice of regular spiritual purification techniques (AYP), you could purify your body and mind (and spirit) to a level where, if you were to experience a dramatic kundalini explosion through your system again, it wouldn't bother you. You could have 2000 volts of prana going up your spine and out of your crown for 5 minutes, and then go to bed 10 minutes later and sleep like a baby.

But we don't get to choose how the energy works through us, all we can choose is to do the spiritual practices. If you are worried about triggering more energy than you can handle, you could be very tentative in the initial stages. Start with 10 minutes deep meditation twice a day, and then up the time or add practices (such as spinal breathing pranayama) very slowly as you feel ready.

Enjoy AYP

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Jun 08 2007 08:25:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for your input. It is interesting to learn about your experiences and that with

[
u]quote[/u]:

...... the practice of regular spiritual purification techniques (AYP), you could purify your body and mind (and spirit) to a level where, if you were to experience a dramatic kundalini explosion through your system again, it wouldn't bother you.

This is an encouraging prospect. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aurora, i'd highly recommend reading the AYP lessons. it helps. mabye buy the book, it's a lot more comfortable than reading on a computer.

There is so much ambiguity and confusion in all this. Simplicity is needed, and Yogani has delivered simplicity. It comes down to this: opening up is unavoidable. It's our nature. We are ALL predisposed.

That said, opennings that happen too much too soon can feel disruptive. So AYP is a method of gradually opening in a controlled and well-paced fashion. Over and over, we open more and more, and it gets smoother and smoother......until we can just move into that warm pool 24/7 with nary a blink.

What launched that experience for you and what's bringing you back now is the same thing: your true nature (you could say your "predisposition"). It's good. Don't fight it. But do PACE it. That's the essence of AYP. Again, read the lessons. It'll all work. And bear in mind that the energy you deemed a terrifying disruptive crashing was just a taste of What Is. You've been insulating and bracing against What Is all your life. AYP helps you let that sunshine in a ray at a time, with unsurpassed tools for avoiding sunburn. Over time it gets really really really smooth.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 08 2007 10:48:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  04:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim

I've read through a few of the AYP lessons since finding them posted here and it was the simplicity and lack of esoteric language that attracted me to continue - so I guess I've come to the right place. I have ordered the book as you suggest as it is difficult to read at length on the computer.

Your post is reassuring in that you say we are all "pre-disposed"!
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  09:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aurora, sounds like you were at the beach without sunscreen for 5 hours on the first day of summer. AYP will help you develop a higher consciousness. You can develop your inner silence and ecstatic conductivity in the same way you would develop a suntan and avoid the burn as Jim said. You already know how to self pace and take precautions to get a nice healthy tan. Now you can apply the same principles to your yoga practice.

And you are right. AYP is simple direct and effective with the unessentials stripped away. It uses familiar terminology that is easy to relate to. It is really a nice system.

So here's wishing you a beautiful glowing yogi tan.
Go to Top of Page

aurora

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  3:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit aurora's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your encouragement, yogibear.

I have been reading the Deep Mediation book which arrived yesterday and I can see on reading it that it is possible to take steps to avoid 'the burn', as you say, but enjoy the 'glow'. I am working on a subtle tan!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000