Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What is the language of Intuition?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  11:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How does intuition manifest to you?

I get "deja vu" experiences often, synchronicity almost all the time, and recently in meditation i had thoughts pop up which gave me ideas on what to do in my life involving certain mundane things, which sounded like my inner voice but perhaps from my subconscious.

Does intuition have a language? You see, i was thinking that animals have instinct which enables them to know things without knowledge from sensory data, like the animals that moved to high ground when the Tsunami happened. Also, some primitive peoples did the same. So it got me thinking that maybe the reason intuition isnt happening more often to us humans is because our conscious minds operate with language, and this language is the "monkey mind" which somehow blocks the symbolism and language of the subconscious or intuitive faculty. Just my theory.

So how to develop intuition?

It seemed to me that there were 2 ways of developing intuition. Firstly, the purification of the body by not putting food or drinks in it that irritate it, therefore respecting the body God has given us and more importantly the life in it. Secondly, by meditation, where getting into the state between sleep and conscious wakefulness enables the mind to calm down and the intuitive capacity to flow more freely into the conscious mind.

Please give me more info here because i am sure i have left a lot out.

Also, i am very confused about something which is upsetting me tremendously. With all these intuitive experiences i am having i feel like i am "God". And i know this must be a delusion, but in many ways it makes perfect sense. So i feel like i have a split mind - which is called schizophrenia by the western psychology method. Surely it is true to say that if i think i am God i must be wrong and delusional since i am not omniscient. But at the same time, my perceptions of things are too coincidental to allow me to disavow that idea. So i am deeply confused.

satyan

34 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  12:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit satyan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Also, i am very confused about something which is upsetting me tremendously. With all these intuitive experiences i am having i feel like i am "God". And i know this must be a delusion, but in many ways it makes perfect sense. So i feel like i have a split mind - which is called schizophrenia by the western psychology method. Surely it is true to say that if i think i am God i must be wrong and delusional since i am not omniscient. But at the same time, my perceptions of things are too coincidental to allow me to disavow that idea. So i am deeply confused.

hi gumpi,

i have been through the experiences that you have shared. First i would like to assure you that you dont have a split mind, schizophrenia, because of the fact that the schizophrenics do not know that they have a problem and your feeling that it is delusion confirms that you still think rationally, so do not worry about it. Actually when i experienced the "de ja vu experiences" i was also confused a lot to the point it was disturbing my daily life but i practised not giving attention to them and slowly but steadily my inner silence overtook those experiences and now i hardly get any such experiences.

satyan.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  11:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi asked "How does intuition manifest to you?"

A knowing without knowing how I knew. In dreams, seeing scenes, watching conversations, and events to come. In flashes of waking vision. And one time I heard an instruction on where to find my son as I was driving home and that I was to go get him. Sure enough, there he was, miles from home and not where he was supposed to be.

I read an article recently that some scientists think that Deja Vu occurs when there is an abnormality in the brain's memory center, making one think that a new thought, vision or whatever is actually a memory, as if you had seen or been through it before.

I treat this topic like the scenery that Yogani talks about as we wander off our mantra during meditation or wander from the breathing focus during pranayama. Interesting, for sure, but nothing to spend time pursuing....the real thing, the important thing to pursue in my life, is the practice itself--my meditation, pranayama, samyama, etc.

And I also wouldn't worry about it Gumpi, if you have flashes of insight into what may be. It may also help to think of them as flashes of what might happen, only one of the many possibilities that may unfold.

light and love,
Kathy

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  10:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

Satyan, you are right about the mad person not being mad if they know they are mad! That was something that comforted me many years ago when i was a mess. I appreciate the idea that these intuitive experiences seem to become less when you meditate more, in your case.

Kathy, and you are right about certain intuitions being future possibilities and not set-in-stone predictions. However, when i have "flashes" i only have a few moments to alter the outcome of my life in reference to the information being presented to me for guidance. Perhaps my intuition is better than some psychic readers!

I don't think that intuitive experiences aren't as important as meditation. I believe they come from God, and so are as important as anything else in life.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  9:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can improve intuition by watching without judging, and being in the moment. Thoughts are what suppress intuition. If you have an intuitive moment, then try to figure out what it means, what you should do about it, etc., it works against the intuition.
When something comes to you by intuition, just watch it to see what it does. You will find there is often intuition all around you.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  04:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the theory makes a lot of sense.

The mind has a way of phrasing the concept of God. God, as reality, becomes God/god/gods/goddesses, and sublayers of schizophrenic, clear minded, right, wrong, etc.

No matter how the mind phrases it, we feel God. Like you said, the right brain gives us transcendent insight, it is a symbol of the oneness that is absolute and thus above, beyond, within, and nowhere. Of course it speaks to us so powerfully, clearly, and appropriately for what we need to think and feel at the time in order to move into a new plane of thought.

It is a blessed time when we can let go altogether the mind's journey of self, and just really get a handle on how to tune our body into the bliss that never told a lie. The ultimate effect of doing this, or of this non-doing, we free up blocked energy in the body, tap into new sources of energy, and evolve ourselves effortlessly.

Edited by - Kyman on Jun 15 2007 04:12:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  04:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gumpi

quote:
I don't think that intuitive experiences aren't as important as meditation. I believe they come from God, and so are as important as anything else in life.

When in doubt - (which may be the hardest knot to untie inside) - the occurence of intuitive messages........if accepted and trusted......will entrust in you a love of God. When you repeatedly experience the messages and their outcome - it enhances your trust in Reality.

Eventually, you will know that you are in God. If you know this completely, there will be no division. No split.

Only Oneness.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000