Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Heat on the Heel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  08:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I am Srinivas, practicing AYP since last 5 months. I am doing spinal breathing and deep meditation. Recently added Sidhasana during the sitting. But I feel intense heat on the heel at the point of Contact with the root(perineum), particularly at the end of meditation. Is it OK to Continue with Sidhasana during meditation at this stage.
I am enjoying AYP and practicing twice daily.

Thank You

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Srinivas_Mallya

Hi,
I am Srinivas, practicing AYP since last 5 months. I am doing spinal breathing and deep meditation. Recently added Sidhasana during the sitting. But I feel intense heat on the heel at the point of Contact with the root(perineum), particularly at the end of meditation. Is it OK to Continue with Sidhasana during meditation at this stage.
I am enjoying AYP and practicing twice daily.

Thank You

Hi Srinivas:

It is okay to continue in siddhasana if there is not distracting discomfort. If there is, then back off with the heel as necessary to assure smooth practice and results. You also have the option to use siddhasana only in spinal breathing (or only part) until the energy symptom runs its course and stabilizes. Make whatever adjustment that is necessary to keep on a stable path of practice. This is self-pacing.

Also make sure to take adequate rest (5-10 minutes or more) when coming out of sitting practices, and keep active during the day to stablize all the good things that are happening inside.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  10:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
Thank You very much for this kind advice. I will follow the self pacing whenever required.

I am lucky to find AYP in this life time. It lies in our endeavor to integrate this in daily life. Let AYP fraternity grow far and wide.

Thanks and Best Regards
Srinivas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000