Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 extroducing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  6:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I'm a new member here. Just want to say hi and introduce myself. Then I want to thank Yogani for putting this system together. Big up! :]

So at the end of February I discovered AYP, while looking for something specific on yoga. I've been practicing since then. Meditation, then I added pranayama in about a week. Then mulabandha, which I knew from an ashtanga yoga class, sambhavi and so on and on. Tantric practices as well. I'm 19 so there's much energy to redirect and it's wonderful. And apart from that, it really made me an equal to women, I guess. Isn't it nice to be at peace with your sexual energy? :)

The results have been terrific, so far. :) I have this nice feeling in my chest almost all the time, very ecstatic. And when it's not there, I just do mulabandha or one strong breath, sambhavi and it's there again. Inner silence rising, too, for sure. Compassion, love, far less attachement, flow :) Changes in perception of colors, sounds. General deepening. You name it :)

So why don't they teach this in schools? I guess, because it would immediately change the school structure, wouldn't it? Imagine the ecstatic teacher passing on knowledge to his fellow ecstatic students, all knowing each other completely, on the most basic level :))))

Apart from AYP, I do some 80 minutes of asanas everyday. I'm going to add samyama this week.
So thats about it from the yoga part of my life.

And what got me into yoga and ayp? Psychedelics. LSD, magic mushrooms. All during the last summer. It was a good preview of what there is and what can be experienced and I'm happy I moved on in the direction of ayp. I haven't abandoned psychedelics, though. As Neem Karoli Baba says, "in a cool climate and with your eyes fixed on god", it has its purpose, sometimes.

Btw. I live in the Czech Republic and I'm going to translate Yogani's lessons during this summer. The best thing I can do now, by far - passing on the teachings.

So that's it. Thank you all for building the knowledge-base in these forums. It's a really valuable resource. I've learned SO much from this site in the past 3 months. Really condensed spiritual knowledge in here.

See you in the forums :)

Tadeas

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Tadeas.

Wow you are really moving fast..

As long as things are working for you.. great.. Just be cautious of overloads (may not happen to you..).. these are very powerful practices.. Keep Lesson69 in mind... and enjoy...

Wish you all the best in your path.

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 07 2007 7:48:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  9:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas,

Sounds like you are having fun, welcome to the forum. I am sure AYP and all of us who would like to see a peaceful planet, will appreciate your efforts to spread the word!

all the best,

A
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  12:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas,

Welcome to the forum! It's good to have you here. And thank you for translating Yogani's AYP lessons and opening them up to the Czech Republic.
light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  06:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI tadeas welcome to the forum.

quote:
The results have been terrific, so far. :) I have this nice feeling in my chest almost all the time, very ecstatic. And when it's not there, I just do mulabandha or one strong breath, sambhavi and it's there again. Inner silence rising, too, for sure. Compassion, love, far less attachement, flow :) Changes in perception of colors, sounds. General deepening. You name it :)

It seems you are doing really well...and fast too.

quote:
I haven't abandoned psychedelics, though. As Neem Karoli Baba says, "in a cool climate and with your eyes fixed on god", it has its purpose, sometimes.

Yes psychedelics do have a purpose but only sometimes and only for some!!!
For some people they can act as an initiation or introduction to spirituality but that is it, the effects are transitory and full of illusions that can lead you away from your true path, they produce effects that we think of here as no more than scenery on the journey, to be noted and then to move on.
It is the effects outside of meditation that we are working toward..abiding inner silence. In my opinion it is not a good idea combine psychedelics with the sort of powerful practices we have here that could send you right over the top and even result in psychosis so take care.

quote:
Btw. I live in the Czech Republic and I'm going to translate Yogani's lessons during this summer. The best thing I can do now, by far - passing on the teachings.

That's fantastic thank you the more translations the better

Well keep posting with any questions you may have and we will be glad to help we are are happy to have you here.

Edited by - Richard on Jun 08 2007 06:23:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  1:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

It is the effects outside of meditation that we are working toward..abiding inner silence. In my opinion it is not a good idea combine psychedelics with the sort of powerful practices we have here that could send you right over the top and even result in psychosis so take care.

Hello Tadeas.

20 year old male here, experienced psychedelics also and found myself smoking the herb occasionally. I wasn't aware of it for many years but it is evident now this has messed with me a lot. Please take it slow and be very careful.

Jack
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas, glad to hear you are doing so well with ayp. With dedicated practice just think of the possibilities. Along those lines you may want to pick up a copy of "Secrets of Wilder" by Yogani. I think you would really like it as Wilder is about your age and exploring spiritual growth. I learned alot from it. I hope you have a fantastic life. Best, yb

P.S. sounds like you are off to a good start!

Edited by - yogibear on Jun 08 2007 3:30:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  3:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi tadeas, there's a fabulous book that i read that might really interest you that touches on psychedelics and meditation called Be Here Now by Ram Dass. i highly recommend it... ram dass had alot of experience with psychedelics and i think the book really attests to how the power of meditation supercedes the power of any psychedelic drug. also his book Journey of Awakening is excellent and was actually the book that inspired me to originally begin meditating. best wishes on your journey!
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  5:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the replies :)
I'm certainly going to read Secrets of the Wilder as you suggest, the only one of the series I haven't read yet.
And also thanks for the Ram Dass suggestion. I'll check it out.

Concerning psychedelics. Well, I think they can at least show you how much there is to be done in sitting practices. I think the two states of conciousness must converge and eventually merge, so that psychedelics don't do much after that. Or maybe not, but that's what I thought. Maybe Yogani could try them on himself and report back? :))) It'd be very interesting for me .)

Another thing that I'd like to know: is the holotrophic breathwork developed by Groff related to pranayama in any significant way? I haven't tried it, maybe some of you did?
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  10:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Tadeus :-)

I have read The Holotropic Mind by Stanlislav Grof and I believed he mentioned that all it is is a combination of different methods of breathwork, pranayama included I believe. It is also dependent on a certain level of hyperventilation, which tends to repel some people but as he notes in other readings on the physiology of hyperventilation, it is a commonly misunderstood practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000