New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  12:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Christianity is one way of putting words together and Hinduism is another. The real is, behind and beyond words, incommunicable, directly experienced, explosive in its effect on the mind. It is easily had when nothing else is wanted. The unreal is created by imagination and perpetuated by desire.

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  12:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Selfishness is the cause of suffering. There is no other cause. It is only with separateness and self-seeking that real suffering appears in the world.

--Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  5:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Do I have free will?

Or is it

That I am free will

Edited by - Balance on Sep 25 2007 8:37:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  8:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Pain is physical, suffering is mental. Beyond the mind there is no suffering. Pain is essential for the survival of the body, but none compels you to suffer. Suffering is due entirely to clinging or resisting; it is a sign of our unwillingness to move on, to flow with life. As a sane life is free of pain, so is a saintly life free from suffering. A saint does not want things to be different from what they are; he knows that, considering all factors, they are unavoidable. He is friendly with the inevitable and, therefore, does not suffer. Pain he may know, but it does not shatter him. If he can, he does the needful to restore the lost balance, or he lets things take their course.

--Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Dumbfounded

Somewhere betwixt

No it all

And

Blissful idiot
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  7:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The seeking is intrinsic
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  8:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Without you as the witness there would be neither animal nor God. Understand that you are both, the essence and the surface of all there is.

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"It matters not Who you love, Where you love, Why you love, When you love, Or How you love. It matters only that you love."

~~John Lennon
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  12:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There is no such thing as the experience of the real. The real is beyond experience. All experience is in the mind. You know the real by being the real.

~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  10:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not so much that

All can be forgiven

Or all must be forgiven

Or all will be forgiven

It is

That all is forgiven

And all is for giving

Edited by - Balance on Sep 29 2007 12:30:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  12:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You are always the Supreme, which appears at a given point of time and space as the witness, a bridge between the pure awareness of the Supreme and the manifold consciousness of the person. Once you realize that whatever appears before you cannot be yourself, and cannot say "I am", you are free of all your "persons" and their demands. The sense "I am" is your own. You cannot part with it, but you can impart it to anything, as in saying: I am young. I am rich, etc. But such self-identifications are patently false and the cause of bondage.

~Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  12:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There is only imagination. It has absorbed you so completely that you just cannot grasp how far from reality you have wandered. No doubt imagination is richly creative. Universe upon universe are built on it. Yet they are all in space and time, past and future, which just don't exist.

--Nisargadatta
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  9:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There Is Only Love

--Can't Remember Who
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  11:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you think that you have
Cut off illusory mind,
Instead of simply clarifying
How illusory mind melts,
Illusory mind will come up again,
As though you had cut
The stem of a blade of grass
And left the root alive.

^Menzen Zuiho (1682 –1769)

http://www.dailyzen.com/

Edited by - Balance on Oct 02 2007 11:11:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  3:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"These things" are what you think you are

"Those things" are what you think you are not

Both are phantoms
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  12:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Nothing Ever Is

Believe Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  2:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Concerning karma: The arrow that is shot at an object with the idea that it is a tiger does not, when the object is perceived to be a cow, check itself; it goes on and pierces the object with all its force.

--Shankara
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  6:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

All is one whole. Complete, Perfect. Nothing outside. Nothing inside. Nothingness. It is called 'Nothingness' only because it has no distinctions, or barriers, or limitations, or dividing lines, or attributes, or characteristics of any kind which could distinguish it, or any part of it, as any kind of something.

~O.B.Ray

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  11:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The only tool you have to know and experience your world is your own mind. Your reality is an imaginary projection of your own mind. Reality is imaginary. Your imagination is your only reality. Can there be any reality that you have not imagined? Where would it be?

-Stephen Wingate
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  6:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

i am a fractal universe

How do you like all of this infinite feeling? Aren't all of the endless varieties of flavours mixing into your body-mind exquisite? I walk, I feel, I touch, taste, smell, hear, see, cognize everything appearing before me. Everything is a fire of aliveness assailing this separate-entity-experience with the flowing patterns of Oneself. Across the road, a metallic object patterned from the self-same intelligent life-force that I am tastes itself inside of me through all of the available senses. This intimacy for you and me makes life a fragile event of cosmic dancing and we are all together a fractal universe, a joyous celebration of livingness happening now and now and now.....
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  11:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Streaming Beggars

Now that you have moved
into my heart, taken
the doors off their hinges and
removed the windows,
glass, sash and
all
beggars are coming from
everywhere for
your sweet embrace.

The beggars stream in from
every direction--walking, running, crawling,
rolling and being carried. The neighbors
have stopped
screaming about it. At first they had
plenty to say but after
weeks and weeks of this they
know there is no
helping it. This is beyond
city ordinances.

Soon they will be coming
themselves, dropping
rakes, dog leashes, clothespins,
leaving cars running
in the street, for a glimpse
of your holy face.

What am I to do but

watch in awe at the blessed
variety of your creation, the myriad wounds,
the incredible stories, the way they gather
around the door quivering
with the certain knowledge that finally
no one
will be turned away.

And stay in the house
making meals, and carrying
sheets up and down the stairs.

~Jeannie Zandi
http://www.jeanniezandi.com/7.html

Edited by - Balance on Oct 18 2007 12:22:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  12:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

We say that the seeker in us is chasing after (or maybe running away from) certain states of mind. But in truth, we’ve never actually experienced a “state” of mind. Yes, we could say that something is undoubtedly happening - a thought, a feeling, a body sensation. But there isn’t really anything about what is appearing presently that is static, nothing we can actually put a box or label around and say, “There, that is the state I am in right now.”

Really, when it comes to “states” of mind that we are either trying to sustain or escape from, it is a hopeless endeavor for there are no states. There is just this, this ever-changing movement of Life, this that is gone long before we ever try to grasp it or push it away…

~John Astin
http://www.integrativearts.com/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  12:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All of This for Nothing
Was I always so
luscious? Did I gleam and
ripple, without adornment, like
the sparkling sea?

Every cell in my body
dancing! Shining
from the inside with
a light that comes from
nowhere.

Pinned to the moment
like a butterfly, no longer anywhere
else to go. Candle flickering inside
my heart, breath of my child
breathing me. Heart
thickly laden with invisible fruit, joy
beaming from my eyes.

Something broke inside, something laid down,
exhausted from the struggle, and
died. Whatever I gave
myself to then has flowered
inside and
taken over, turning
my home into night sky.

I cannot tell
you, where I have gone,
where I am going. As the darkness
took me, the road disappeared
behind, and ahead,
nothing.

Only walking through now and always
now. All of this
for nothing! With the entire universe
lovemaking
inside me, I have stopped
asking anyone
for anything.

~Jeannie Zandi
http://www.jeanniezandi.com/7.html

Edited by - Balance on Oct 18 2007 12:32:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  4:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The hidden meaning of our evolution:

"EVOLUTION" backwards is "NO 'I' TU LOVE"

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Identification is like a one-way bridge across a ravine – a bridge that is dissolving behind your every step.

~Gilbert Schultz

http://www.shiningthroughthemind.ne...es/home.aspx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000