New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

permanentimpermanence
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am

I am the sensual experience

I am the thoughts arising and dissapating

I am the emotions mingling with these

I am the addictions

I am

Everything is impermanent but the I am
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  1:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The human mind will never figure THIS out.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  11:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Whose Questions?

Q: Can I take it that ALL questions will be answered/resolved in recognizing/resting in my identity as awareness now & now & now?

A: Rather than thinking of questions being answered or resolved, think of them as not requiring an answer. The answers we seek are only sought so that the "I" that we imagine ourselves to be will gain something – knowledge, or getting a step closer to enlightenment, or a feeling of satisfaction, or a feeling of control or mastery. See through the notion of the "I" completely...now to whom would these gains apply?

All answers are seen to be inconsequential. What is going to change, when an answer is had? Nothing! Some imaginary entity has an "aha" moment, and then what? It either devises more questions, or it is seen that there is no point in asking any more.

Resting in nothingness now, where are the questions? Do they exist now? Where are all those answers you have accrued all these years? Do they help you now? No – the One Self needs no help, and that is all you are, already

Annette Nibley www.whatneverchanges.com
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  01:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

As the appearance

Of a you

And a me

There is Love
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  12:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In "Who Is This?", a poem oft-quoted by spiritual teacher and author, Wayne Dyer,
the great Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore faces down the ego, calling it "my own little self":
Who is This?
I came out alone on my way to my tryst.
But who is this that follows me in the silent dark?
I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not.
He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger;
he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.
He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame;
but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.
"Who Is This?" is from Tagore's "Gitanjali", an unparalleled collection of poems
and odes to man's higher self, the "Friend", or God. Tagore won the Nobel Prize for
Literature in 1913 for the "Gitanjali", the first writer from the Indian sub-continent to do so. William Butler Yeats, the great Irish poet, wrote an introduction to Tagore's
renowned collection of poems. Wayne Dyer's interpretation of "Who Is This?" can be found in his book, "Wisdom of the Ages: 60 Days to Enlightenment", a wonderful collection of essays for the spiritual seeker.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000