AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Refreshing Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!

I have been meditating for about 3 months or so now, but I have been doing the AYP techniques for 3 days now. The first day I did not feel this but the second, and now, third day (most significant) I have. When I meditate I say I AM then pause for a few seconds and enjoy the silence in my mind. I believe I was very deep in meditation (I knew this for the fact I didn't notice much of anything outside of my meditation) when I said I AM again and felt every nerve on my body be refreshed by a faint white light. The light then disappeared but the feeling is still here with me even after meditation.

I was just curious if anyone has experienced anything of this kind.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  3:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi theglok welcome to the forum

Sounds like you are doing really well it seems like AYP is working well for you after only three days. The practices described here are very powerful so please read the lessons carefully from the beginning and take things step by step.

Sometimes we have experiences like you describe during meditation and sometimes nothing happens at all, its all quite normal and quite right. what you experienced is purification taking place within your nervous system this can take many forms sometimes as you describe with a lovely experience, sometimes with bodily movements, and sometimes with the feeling of energy moving moving within your body.

When this happens you should be with the feeling for a few seconds and then gently return to the mantra. As much as we enjoy them we don't look for experiences within meditation its good to remember that its experiences outside of meditation that are the most important.

We do our practices to purify the nervous system and allow inner silence to come in, what you experienced is a hint of this. Its great that the feeling stayed with you after meditation this is a step in the right direction, what we aim for here is abiding inner silence throughout our everyday life.

Carry on as you are doing read the lessons carefully and don't forget to self pace you are obviously sensitive to this type of meditation so don't rush anything.

Let us know how you get on and ask any questions you like we are all here to help

Edited by - Richard on Jun 01 2007 3:21:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  4:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
will do, thanks for the advice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000