Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 enjoyment vs. questioning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  7:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i heard osho talk about how there are 2 basic paths to tread on the way to enlightenment. the path of enjoyment (bhakti ect) and the path of questioning (self-enquiry ect). it sucks reading about stuff because no matter what you will always find a contradiction... like osho say's that the path of enjoyment is the better path. but then in other writing he advocates the who am i? self enquiry and says that if you currently have a doubting mentality it's a good thing and make sur eyou see it though till the end...

i've seen other teachers say the same type of basic thing? so what conclusion should you make from it? well i guess right off the abt is to stop caring about being "complete" and "together" and "rigid", lol.. i see benefits from both sides. you find the love in everything so you eventually become that love and realize the love is truly you i suppose. one thing to talk about it though, lol.. trying to say a lot, itegrate a sense of humor into my life, lol... i'm really gigling...

anyway, i see that it's most benefiicial to just relax into life. i became very "nihilistic" in my encounters of eastern spirituality. questioning much and letting myself be depressed, thinking everything is futile. i've been in an existential crisis for waaaaaayyyy too long.. so the path of enjoyment i see would help me extremely. i find myself reactivley assuming self-destructive behavior and attitudes towards myself and others. like i'll sing even if i sense others are annoyed. develop pride in places that pride really should not be... stuff like that..

so, i was wondering whether poeple here can help me out and give me some good bhakti stuff. i like the stuff here alot, but i was hoping that people can give me some particulars. for instance one thing that i got from the mastery of love book by don miguel ruiz was trying to come up with as many ways that you can say "i love you" that you can think of. so i blow kisses to trees and stuff (usually when no one is looking, lol) or bow when i'm thinking about osho. things like that, just to enjoy myself, and accept life as it comes.

and possibly a way to deal with the part of my mind that's still doubting everything that crosses it's path...

thank you very much :)

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  8:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
'There are as many ways to God as there are breaths' - Hadith

VIL
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think its like that because in the end, you can't really follow the teachers alone, you've just got to do what feels right after you've tried both.

I think optimistic nihilism is good, there may be experiences where it seems like nothing exists, or has ever existed, but if the faculty of thought remains, let those thoughts then be joyous thoughts, because it seems to me, its within those experiences that the world is created, and those are rare and wonderful experiences, and they are only the beginning, but it all depends on the choices you make.

I don't know, who says the teacher is only one person? the entire universe is the teacher, and nothingness is the teacher, so yeah there will appear to be contradiction, everyone faces that, if you believe in ultimate oneness of everything... how much of it is just your assumption? we could just be getting lucky splashing our hands over keyboards at random, and suddenly its become something inspirational

i say we but i am i teacher, i don't know, i have taught a bit, but i don't really know what to say there

Love Poems from God by Daniel Ladinsky is a great book though, that collects mystic poetry from 12 poets

Edited by - porcupine on Jun 20 2010 04:37:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eddy,
You will sing even when you know you are annoying others? That’s funny!

Whatever you are, accept it. Whatever you wish to be, become it. Whatever you do not wish to be, observe it. Love yourself enough to be and grow, trust your Inner Self to tell you when you’re on the wrong path. Desire and aversion are both signposts to your destiny. Become what you are meant to be. You are meant to be a wholly unique, distinct and unduplicated creature – there’s no other like you.

In all creation there are no two things truly identical. Even down to the electron, there are no two occupying the same time-space. Life is like one huge jigsaw puzzle. We all are parts, some big, some small, but the big picture is incomplete regardless of the size of any one missing piece.

When the whole relies upon the integration of all the parts, no one is anyone without others. What good is ego if it keeps one from uniting with All within All? We all have obligations to self, others and All to try to reach our unique and distinct potential through consciousness evolution.

Creating ourselves and each other is a team effort. When you want to sing, think about whether your motive is to enjoy yourself or to make someone else feel miserable. The self-enquiry will clear doubts. But it won’t make you a better performer or stop your audience from heckling you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000