Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 I AM and sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  11:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
ok i know there is like a billion posts reguarding this so far but i'm not sure which nes refer to this.. so it's like i want to understand why yogani says to let the sound of "i am" go through you..

nisargadatta just says concentrate on the feeling of I AM and yogani says to say it but not for the meaning but for the sound of it..

i sort of have a crazy theory for this but i'm not sure if it's true..

my theory (and it's kind of a theory that i aply with everything) is that ultimatley the western and the eastern mind is different. where they have evolved to be in feeling we have evolved to be in logic and words. none of which are better than the other. i happen to think that we both need to clash together before people become enlightened on mass scales. words and logic have there place in the scheme of thing whether we like it or not. where the buddha became wise through meditation and such, socrates and the like became wise through balancing out ideas. one is not better than the other..

so take a look where you are sitting.. we are now unifying both east and west. your minds are a combination of both traditions, so be wise to take everything into consideration. i think a bunchload of poeple are going to be waking up very very soon.

anyway so how this relates to the "i am" is that we concentrate on the sound waves to kind of integrate all those ideas together. kind of like connecting the dots. my repeating "i am" over and over again all those thoughts start so slowly come back to the "source" or where they come from. but it's better now because once they are back it's not like they are forgotten. you don't forget your name after you become enlightened. that's absurd.

so instead of looking at this as if it's like a mistake. the mind is a mistake, an illusion that should have never happened, born out of our beleif in knowledge and attaching ourselves to it. now we can look at it in a more positive and practical light. as if this is jsut a nessecary transtition in the whole "scheme of things"

so where nisargadatta advocated concentrating on the feeling of "i am". yogani and the western mind tells you to repeat it as a mantra. both are still amazing points in history.. but it's all a dream anyway so who care's, lol

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting observations Eddy, thank you. I like the East West coming together thing...like yin/yang, masculine/feminine inside each of us and in the collective body as well. Of course I like the idea that there are mass awakenings beginning, exciting and hopeful thought.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  11:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nisargadatta uses the self enquiry (awareness watching awareness) method, and Yogani uses the mantra method. Although they both involve "I am" they are two completely different techniques with different physiological effects.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000