Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Morning meditations or evening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I personally find my evening meditations to be very effective, in the sense that "a lot seems to be happening". I feel myself very sensitive during evening meditations while the morning ones seem pretty much on surface.

Anyone observed the same? or is it reverse?

May be because of all day body movement, the evening ones are much more sensitive and deeper. How about the idea of doing afternoon & late evening instead of morning & evening? Has anyone tried that?

-Near

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near

I'm the worse when it comes to meditating first thing in the morning and late at night. It just doesn't work too well yet. I find myself not able to let go in the early A.M. and nodding off in the late P.M.
If after I get my kid off to school and try not to eat or have more than a cup of tea then I have good meditations. Sometimes I have to do some chores as well before I can settle down nicely. At night I have to be careful not to wait too late before meditating, though even if it is late and I'm nodding I still get benefit; meaning I notice good stuff if I do meditate rather than if I don't, nodding or not.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  2:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,
I find my morning meditation so much better than my evening ones (speaking from my human level)..

In the mornings.. my mind quietens down much faster.. it is also a fixed time practice.. I know what time I get up and I know how long I have to be with it.. My mind has not started moving into the daily life mode...

The evening ones I have to fit in.. between everything else that needs to get done.. and my mind is already in the "fast pace" mode by then.. and takes much longer to settle it down.. also, I am really tired by then.. so I do tend to nod off (which may actually be a good thing..)

Since it has been said time and again at the forum.. there is no such thing as a bad meditation.. I guess both of them serve their purpose.. but have different flavors..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000