Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Throat chakra problem?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is a copy of an email I just sent to Yogani regarding my problem. Any insight you all can provide would be so apreciated as it is really an obstruction for me and my path. Thank you.

Hello, Yogani.

I have been following your AYP site for over a week now and I thank you for providing the public with free and extensive information. I think your methodology and views on "cross-referencing" spiritual practices are useful and have really cleared up frustrations I have always faced regarding spiritualism.

I have a question regarding the throat, or perhaps the throat chakra. I hope you can find the time to answer my question or direct me to relevant information.

I have always had somewhat chronic ear, nose, and throat problems since I was young. I am 19 now and for years have experienced tonsillitis on and off throughout the year, my tonsils are always much larger than normal, and are prone to swelling if I am exposed to smoke, irritants, or pollutants. I also have chronic nasal congestion and allergies and my nasal passages swell up if I am exposed to smoke, irritants, or pollutants. I am congested every day and use a neti pot with a lot of success, however, it is only temporary. My ears are less of a problem, but I know they are blocked as I used to SCUBA dive and could never descend below 15-20 feet because I could never "clear" my ears, and I think my hearing is slightly affected as well.

During Spinal Breathing, meditation, and standard breathwork or deep breathing, the muscles in my throat and trapezius muscles tense up and sometimes I feel as if my throat is being constricted. This is especially prominent in my 5-10 minutes of Spinal Breathing followed by Deep Meditation. I live a very healthy lifestyle, avoid smoke and pollutants, follow a vegetarian diet and can not understand the nature of my chronic ENT problems. Thier prevalence during meditation leads me to suspect I have a corresponding blockage or dysfunction of the throat chakra. In my studies of transpersonal psychology and perinatal theory, I suspect this may be due to my mother having asthma during her pregancy with me and this has caused me this problem.

If you have any information or advice about this problem, I would very much appreciate it. I have posted a thread in the AYP forums, but I wanted to seek your counsil as well.

Thank you, again.
--Anthony

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  4:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This may or may not be similar, but I experienced throat chakra problems for a while. It would get especially bad when I was being forced to do something or be somewhere. If your condition is not medical, then balancing and relaxation helped me and it may help you too. Let it tense up if it does and let it stop.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  10:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, my nose closes up when i am nervous, it becomes inflamed. very annoying.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  09:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony:

You have come a long way in AYP in one short week, with your experiences in deep meditation, spinal breathing, etc. Hopefully it is all confirming for you that "something is happening." With steady practice, so much more will be there for you in a month, a year, and a decade. It is a blessing for you to be moving into core spiritual practices while you are so young. For most it comes much later. Perhaps your health vulnerability has been a cloud with a silver lining. Would you be making so many strides if you were wearing the illusion of indestructibility as so many of us have in this life?

A taste of our mortality now and then is not a bad thing. It has a purpose. It spurs us to action in ways that can be very beneficial.

Regarding your throat and ear condition, I suggest that no one thing will solve it, but an integration of things will. Your attention to healthful diet and lifestyle is wise and will certainly help. Deep meditation will help a lot also, especially over the long term as the process of purification and opening goes deep. Once you are stable in deep meditation practice, having developed a good feel for it, spinal breathing and other energy-related methods can help too, but be sure to take things gradually, one step at a time, so as not to overdo and get out of balance. Your nervous system will let you know. If your condition is deep-rooted (so it seems), these practices will eventually balance it. Patience over time with a gradually developed integrated approach to daily practice will be the key.

Along with the diet and lifestyle measures you are taking, you might consider amaroli, which is urine therapy. While it is not covered in detail in the online lessons, there are plenty of links, and it is covered in the AYP Easy Lessons book. The upcoming AYP book on Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli will cover it too.

Besides its long-known role as a spiritual technique, Amaroli is receiving more attention in modern healthcare, with research revealing medical benefits in many areas, including with allergies and reducing susceptibility to infection. Check some of the links in the FAQ here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2365

If you decide to take up amaroli, make sure to treat it like any other yoga practice -- being stable in previous practices before beginning, and starting off slow. If adverse symptoms occur, back off until they subside and then creep back up in practice again. Remember, in all things yogic, sometimes more can be less and less can be more. The real results will accumulate gradually over time with prudent self-pacing in daily practice -- that is how permanent progress is achieved.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000