AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Burning eyes and ringing ears
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  09:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, I´m still having a difficult time keeping inner energies in balance. This has been going on for a long time, and I have posted topics in the other forums. My nervous system has been extremely fragile and every few days I find I´ve done something subtle that stokes the fires of inner energy.

Eighty percent of my symptoms occur on the right side of my body. The right eye is the one that feels like it is on fire. The right ear rings the loudest. The right side of my browpoint throbs harder. The right cheekbone burns more.

I have developed insomnia as well. I can´t sleep well because the ringing in my ears gets very loud, especially if I lie on the right side of my body. I use a white noise generator to mask some of the inner noise.

How can I put out these fires? I am wondering whether or not I should practice short twice-daily sessions of Deep Meditation to rebalance what has been going on. Everytime something starts up again I get this sick feeling in my stomach and my thoughts & emotions run wild. I usually have to accept what has happened. These issues have affected my ability to do my studies. Can I get some suggestions on how I should deal with this or look at this issue? I´ve started practicing the Loving All Method where you love whatever happens, good or bad, etc., as gay as it sounds. It sure isn´t fun to have to deal with these issues.

I also wonder if some of this is emotional pain. Or it could be a programmed response my body-brain has developed over time towards certain activities. I don´t want to overanalyze it. I just want a solution. And I want to meditate and be free. Am I in a dangerous position to start meditating again?

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  10:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion yes.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  10:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi IcedEarth,

If you haven't been doing any meditating and these are the symptoms you present, then trying something new for long enough and in a consistent and self-paced enough way might help. Probably only one way to know, and that is to try it.

Now I personally wouldn't go over board trying to add in a whole bunch of spiritual practices at the same time. Since you have done practices before, I would start with 2-5 minutes of spinal breathing pranayama as Yogani suggests is best method to correct energy imbalances. I would monitor the results for a month and if things seem to be improving then an additional 5 minutes (to start) of meditation might be an ideal second step. Again, I would wait a month before making any additions time wise or adding other elements to my practices.

Best of luck to you,

A
Go to Top of Page

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  11:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don´t want to try spinal breathing again. Breathing exercises are the main culprit of the problems I experience.

Meditation seems to be the only thing I would consider trying. While I´m meditating, I often reach a state where my awareness of the ringing in the ears goes away, and also the pain in the eyes lessen. This is only when it is not preceded by pranayama. When I did pranayama before meditation, my eyes would throb and sting during meditation.

What am I supposed to do in the middle of the night when I can´t get to sleep, or when I can´t fall asleep? I find that what I eat during the day has an affect on how well I can get to bed.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  12:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you could read a book while you can't sleep. Laying there while the symptoms are presenting themselves only makes you focus on them, intensifying them. Mantra meditation is the same as anything else you focus on, like reading a book, in that other things can disappear while you do it. Try to avoid anything that you're interested in...like yoga books! Just get a good novel with a nice story...should work well.

I had the same sleeping problems, though not as intense as you're making it seem. One night I couldn't sleep at all and I went downstairs on my deck and slept in the cold to try and ground myself (because it's closer to the earth and is made of wood). It didn't work very well. All I can say is that it sucks while it's happening, and it should get easier for you with time. It definitely has for me. In the meantime, watch your diet and definitely the caffeine intake. Try to get exercise in each day, to keep the energy levels from being too intense...walking for a half an hour a couple times a day works.
Go to Top of Page

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  2:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a growing fear inside me that the past couple days I´ve done some stuff that has reawakened the energies. I did tension-relaxation exercises a couple of times yesterday and it made things worse rather than grounding me in my body. Today I did calisthenics exercises and I´m experiencing whole body trembling and more pressure in the head. This is not working for me and I need an additional form of exercise that is not walking.

I can´t take this anymore and it makes me feel like crying. As far as reading, Lord of the Rings would work for me, but it seems to draw energy to the head and intensify symptoms when I read. God, this organism cannot withstand what is before me...
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  2:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's too bad IcedEarth. I hope it gets better soon for you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  4:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi IcedEarth:

Wish I had a clear answer for you. Have you looked at all the options in lesson 69? Have you been on a heavier diet? A pitta (heat) pacifying diet? (important in this case) http://www.aypsite.org/ayurveda-diets.html

What was it that kicked this off for you originally?

Have you considered doing daily tai chi or marital arts? I know you are in school in another country, so time and access to these things may be limited. It may be that the school routine you are following right now is too much, given what is going on inside. Once you finish this term, a break may be in order, with as few responsibilities as possible. Your choice, of course. Just the prospect of a simpler routine in a month or two can be a comfort.

During peak kundalini periods, a much simpler lifestyle can help a lot. In fact, too much energy can compel us to simplify our lifestyle. It happened to me many years ago. It turned out to be a good thing that actually accelerated my progress with fewer difficulties. I tried to reflect this experience to a degree in the Wilder story.

It isn't forever -- my life is as complicated now as it has ever been. The energy is fine with it, gone long since to ecstatic, mainly because there is much more inner silence and a constant blending of the energy with inner silence, so both become one in all that we do ... that is where it is heading.

Also see this lesson on left and right side imbalances: http://www.aypsite.com/207.html
Not sure if it will help, as it is practice-oriented, and you are not in a position to experiment with practices much right now. One point in there that might help is to not focus on the energies, as this can increase them. This is why "doing other things" can be an effective kundalini remedy.

Taking up deep meditation, as you are thinking, is worth a try, but be sure back off at the first sign of trouble. Deep meditation is not normally much of a kundalini remedy, and spinal breathing is. Maybe in your case, it will be the opposite. If deep meditation feels good, don't ramp up quickly on time. All yoga practices have delayed effects, so start very slow and don't do sudden large increases in practice time. The fruit of deep meditation will be in daily activity, not in the meditation session itself. That goes for any yoga practice we add. It takes some time to see the effects...

Wishing you all the best, and most especially peace and happiness. I think in time it will be okay. Those with the greatest challenges often end up with the greatest gifts. Not that we would necessarily go through all that on purpose.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  7:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi IcedEarth,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.
If I were in your shoes I would seek someone who can treat excessive kundalini symptoms. I found these and there are probably more:

http://www.kundalinisupport.com/satsang.htm

http://www.kundaliniproblems.com/ku..._therapy.htm

I hope you can find a solution!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  8:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I talked to the woman that is the guru for the first link, there. Give her an email describing your situation and see if she'll help you out. Say "Namaste Swami G" as the introduction, because she likes to keep things semi formal. You may be asked to travel to where she is...I think it's LA now.
Go to Top of Page

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  2:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What kicked off things originally was when I started practicing pranayama techniques two years ago, before any prior spiritual practice (learned from a book). I got into meditation a few months later and dabbled around with practices. A year later I started doing a tad bit of basic hatha yoga from a book but was not satisfied with it. I went a yoga center and signed up for 2 & 1/2 hour Kundalini Yoga classes as taught by Yogi Bhajan. This definitely awoke the energies and I was burning for a couple weeks afterwards, unaware of what was going on. I made a couple doctor visits after that and they didn´t know what the problem was. A couple months passed and I got into hatha yoga again at the yoga center. I started doing too much too fast, and I was also using too much force with back bends. For three months I was doing a crown meditation for 30 minutes everyday, unaware of the dangers of the crown. My nervous system was becoming a wreck and I knew something needed be changed.

I was lucky to find a link to AYP on a web site, and I went to a local bookstore and purchased spinal breathing and deep meditation. I took up both practices at once. My nervous system was primed for deep meditation and took up inner silence quickly. I could not keep doing pranayama cause it made my eye and face burn too much, so I started doing some light asanas. A couple months later I foolishly dabbled into a couple other AYP practices and it wasn´t too long before I had to stop all practices.

And here I am now. Long story, hope I didn´t scare or upset too many people. It´s been ten weeks since I had to stop all practices. I´ve definitely gotten better: My head no longer feels like it´s in a vise, and some nights I can get descent sleep. I don´t feel so much pressure or burning in my face these days, but something new has been going on the past week or two: my whole body has been vibrating/shaking, especially at the heart and browpoint.

I´ve been keeping things as simple as I can. Eating a light meal every three hours has been helpful (as was Gopi Krishna´s testimony). Walking every morning is pretty much a requirement. I don´t have an excessive amount of class or studies to do, and I spend more time socializing.

There is a yoga & tai-chi center in the little Spanish town I´m currently in. I could certainly try going to one of the beginner classes and see how my body responds. Unfortunately I can´t find much alternative medicine here and I haven´t been in touch with my acupuncturist/alternative healer back in the States.

I actually feel quite normal during some parts of the day. The mornings are always calm, and I wake up experiencing few symptoms. As the day passes the symptoms increase, and the nights are always unpredictable. This is pretty much all I can write for now. If anyone has a plausible explanation of what is going on with the pressure in the head dissipating and vibrations/shaking taking it´s place, feel free to speculate. For now I´m going to let things take their normal course. And thanks for the reply Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  4:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi IcedEarth:

Your practices early on sound like a litany of the things we are cautious about in AYP -- energy awakening before inner silence cultivation, premature crown practice and opening, overdoing in general, and all of that. Well, live and learn.

It is good confirmation for many of the lessons here, but I would be happier if you could have avoided the rough ride. Here's to a smoother journey from now on. Smoother is much faster.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000