Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 preserving the essence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  08:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I managed to last 4 1/2 months without ejaculation and apart from some days when energy was low felt a lot of power from abstaining.

Would anyone like to share there experiences regarding how their energy feels and affects on health etc.

usually twice a month maximum for the last 3 months and when I succumb(lol no pun intended) I feel a little guilty(which I know is crap) but definately more tired for a few days.

In june I shall be 57 and I am thinking of going for complete abstinence for good,I know it can all change with the smile of a pretty woman though:)

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 17 2007 10:14:43 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't try for complete abstinence if I were you. I'm that age too, and whenever I try abstinence, it's wonderful at first, then I'm inevitably drawn to the dark side, and spend more time there than I would have otherwise. I think it's best to abstain until your thoughts start driving you crazy, then go for some kind of tantric release, and return to abstaining.
Any kind of permanent decision can lead to bizarre misleading of yourself.
If you are one in ten million who has so much bhakti that their devotion keeps all interest away from sex, then abstention would happen without trying. it's the bhakti that really counts, not the celibacy.

PS feeling tired for a few days is probably all in your head from feeling guilty. Try strenuous exercise at least twice a week instead; it will give you immense energy.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 15 2007 12:52:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  4:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Etherfish
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  10:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000