Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Does this seem like pacing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  9:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok, I have solidified my meditation/Eastern fascinations with AYP, the 8-fold path which seems to appeal to me moreso than anything else. For the past two weeks I have been meditating at least once a day - in the morning always. I am not too new to meditation, but I have only started doing the I AM mantra for a couple days. I have also gotten into Hatha yoga before I learned of AYP so I am currently learning asanas, which I perform before meditation. I like this combination and think I can handle it. Today, I began reading the Main Lessons and read up to Pranayama and wish to at least include Spinal Breatihng as a prelude to meditation. I am sure Pranayama extends far beyond Spinal Breathing and am wondering if I should get further into Pranayama, or simply keep it to learning Asanas, continuing Spinal Breathing, and mantra meditation. My schedule will only become busier in the coming months so I will not have all the time in the world. I am someone who has a hard time limiting myself and I constantly want to learn new things, but I feel from reading this site that slow is the way to go. I almost wish I hadn't gotten into Asanas just so I can go in order of Yogani's lessons, but I already am learning Asanas and really enjoy the poses, though I do not feel any pranic activity.

So, in closing, do you guys/girls think my practice as of now is fine for a while...maybe a couple months or until I start experiencing transformative effects?

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  11:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Twice a day is essential. It's all about getting your body primed for the meditative state. If you can spare 15 mins in the evening just to sit and do it, it'd really help you progress. You can add whatever you want, but meditation is the biggest factor. Good luck, Anthony.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000