Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Kundalini activity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  6:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,
I have a kundalini activity going for few years now. My symptoms of kundalini are many including:
spontanious body movements
Here my body moves only when I allow the movements. I move in a few postures and sometimes like tai chi movemesnts. Also i recieve spontanious breathing like breath of fire, and sometimes my breathing stop.

chanting
If i am christian I would call it speaking in tunge. It will take a lot of times to discribe what happens but simply I don't speak or sing i just let the singing and speaking happen. I sing in melodies i never practiced before. sometimes if feels like I am talking in some cryptic languge, sometimes old Arabic, sometimes it feels like I am speaking Frensh. Sometimes it feels like someone else is talking to me and responding to my own thoughts.

My problem now is depression. I usually feel great. I feel bliss and ever ecstasy but now I am having anxiety. I working constantly to make myself feel good. I refuse to go to doctors because they will lable me something like "manic depressive". I don't think this is right or would help me.

What I do for practice now a days is let my body move and enjoy the movements. I also leave my breath to breath on its own. that what I do.
Whenever I try any new techniques like meditation I get some complications such as dizzienss, bad digestion, lack of focus. Sometimes I get anxiety, night mares and depression. I believe the reall teaching comes from the insigh I just have to train myself to listen.

I'd love to communicate with people who have similar experiences and can offer some insghts. I hope I am in the right place.

YES

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  6:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yes and welcome to the forum. Generally when we have experiences while meditating such as spontaneous body movements, we don't encourage them and we don't fight them. We note them and then just gently return to our mantra.

If you're experiencing dizziness, lack of focus, etc. you might want to cut back on the number of minutes you are meditating and then make sure as you end your meditation that you spend a couple of minutes, sitting silently to come out of it gently. I would also suggest laying down, flat on your back for a few minutes immediately after meditating if that is possible.

If you are doing any of the other practices, you may wish to consider cutting them back a bit too, and then very slowly adding them back.

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  6:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NagoyaSea

Hi Yes and welcome to the forum. Generally when we have experiences while meditating such as spontaneous body movements, we don't encourage them and we don't fight them. We note them and then just gently return to our mantra.

If you're experiencing dizziness, lack of focus, etc. you might want to cut back on the number of minutes you are meditating and then make sure as you end your meditation that you spend a couple of minutes, sitting silently to come out of it gently. I would also suggest laying down, flat on your back for a few minutes immediately after meditating if that is possible.

If you are doing any of the other practices, you may wish to consider cutting them back a bit too, and then very slowly adding them back.

light and love,
Kathy

In old yoga tradition I read before that when the yogi received the kriays or the movements he usually leaves the normal hatha yoga practices and do these movements. They are more appropriate for him than regular practices coming form the outside (book or teacher).
These movements can happen any times not only while meditation. I can pretty much allow them or disallow them whenever I want. They teach me to surrender, to put my own expectations and mind, aside and surrender to the flow.

I definitely agree with decreasing my meditations time. how many times I should hear this to actually get it?
Thank You Kathy.

YES
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  7:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's interesting Yes, about the old yoga traditions. I also really appreciated your comment "They teach me to surrender, to put my own expectations and mind aside, and surrender to the flow". Nicely said!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  9:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YES,

quote:
In old yoga tradition I read before that when the yogi received the kriays or the movements he usually leaves the normal hatha yoga practices and do these movements. They are more appropriate for him than regular practices coming form the outside (book or teacher).

Yes, YES, the kundalini does the work. When you try to do the work yourself, you can get hurt. That's most likely the depression you've experienced.

quote:
These movements can happen any times not only while meditation. I can pretty much allow them or disallow them whenever I want. They teach me to surrender, to put my own expectations and mind, aside and surrender to the flow.

It's better to spend more time allowing them to happen. Surrendering to the flow is the greatest practice you can do.

It's generally advised to move on to a witnessing meditation and drop any mantra repetition techniques. I know this goes against AYP teachings...I'm sorry Yogani!

quote:
What I do for practice now a days is let my body move and enjoy the movements. I also leave my breath to breath on its own. that what I do.
Whenever I try any new techniques like meditation I get some complications such as dizzienss, bad digestion, lack of focus. Sometimes I get anxiety, night mares and depression. I believe the reall teaching comes from the insigh I just have to train myself to listen.

Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do.

Edited by - Scott on Apr 10 2007 9:34:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  10:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very good reply, I love it.
the depression and anxeity could be because of my obsessive behavior with meditaion practices. I am forcing energy to work more than let it work. I got to trust more.

YES
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  12:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good! Have you thought about why you're meditating? What you're trying to achieve by doing it? Maybe it's because you're seeking enlightenment. Enlightenment is a loaded term...do you know what it is, practically?
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  01:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
15 years ago i had an incredible experience but it was drug induced. i believed it to be Nirvan experience and it continued for around 14 days. Since then I believe that everything I do is to reach that experience again. Yes, I am reaching for enlightenment and sometimes I think I am working hard to get it. I also want to write music. I never liked anything I wrote so far I belive there is more to do somewhere.

These are pretty much my main goals in life.
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  01:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Good! Have you thought about why you're meditating? What you're trying to achieve by doing it? Maybe it's because you're seeking enlightenment. Enlightenment is a loaded term...do you know what it is, practically?

Wouldn't be nice if I moved from just beliving to KNOWING? or when all those chackra energies are moving freely with no resistance at all, when my voice speaks my truth, sings my truth, when there is no fear at all, no worry. Living in Certainty. Something is telling me that SHOULD happen to me in this life time.

But I do think that enlightenment is not one point its a stair way. there is always more enlighened states to reach for.

YES
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  01:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried today to focus on my breathing but I couldn't. My mind was filled with negative thoughts. This is unusual period I am going through. so I tried a pranayama exercise for like 10 minutes. I didn't do any pranayama exercises for a long time so it it in,hold,out with the ration of 5,10,10. I felt really good during and afterwards. there were not a lot of movments except my chin stayed on my chest's collar bone the whole time. i belive this is one of the bhands.

YES..
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  08:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be careful. Pranayama is kind of dangerous when your kundalini is awakened. Like I said, it's best to surrender to the movements and just watch rather than making yourself be aware of a specific thing. But it's truly up to you and this is just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  08:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yes,
How long have you been experiencing problems for, and do you have a regular practice routine, and if so what is it?
Christi
Go to Top of Page

IcedEarth

73 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  09:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit IcedEarth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Pranayama is kind of dangerous when your kundalini is awakened.

This statement is absolute truth. I was at a point a couple months ago where my energy levels were unmanageable and I tried to fix it with some light spinal breathing. It only took three days of light SB until I was at the brink of complete insanity. Somehow I´ve survived it but the energy is still very awake and I have done no yoga since then. Careful, careful...
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  3:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Be careful. Pranayama is kind of dangerous when your kundalini is awakened. Like I said, it's best to surrender to the movements and just watch rather than making yourself be aware of a specific thing. But it's truly up to you and this is just my opinion.

Since my mind is focused on the negative side I tried to calme it down with some pranayama. I remember that pranayama calms my mind. I woke up in the middle of night few times because of those 8-10 minutes but I felt at a certain point "clean" or "no resistances in my vibrations".

I also remembered that pranayama clears K channels.

Edited by - YES on Apr 12 2007 4:23:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  4:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Yes,
How long have you been experiencing problems for, and do you have a regular practice routine, and if so what is it?
Christi

Christi,
- Focus on breathing and work on letting my Kundalini take care of the breath.
- Spontaneous body movements.
- Let the Kundalini express through singing and vocal expressions.

All these practices usually lead to a sense of relief during and afterwards. Sometimes my mind is too distorted and it is hard to do these practices. I wish I can use something like pranayama to calm my mind a little before practices.

Anxiety and depression come on and off but this time they are extreme, more like paranoia and worry about things I really shouldn’t worry about. I think as the Kundalini increases it hits in places that are blocked. Basically, my worse fears show up.
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  4:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by IcedEarth

quote:

Pranayama is kind of dangerous when your kundalini is awakened.

This statement is absolute truth. I was at a point a couple months ago where my energy levels were unmanageable and I tried to fix it with some light spinal breathing. It only took three days of light SB until I was at the brink of complete insanity. Somehow I´ve survived it but the energy is still very awake and I have done no yoga since then. Careful, careful...

Thanks,
I go through two major feelings in my day:
- One is anxiety which I become afraid of everything. I am afraid of mail, phone calls. I am afraid one of my family members will get hurt. I am afraid my wife who really loves me will leave me, things like that. I may remember something happened in the past like with ex girlfriend or when I was a child and become obsessively worried to attract similar situation. Most people think this is happening because I’ve been unemployed for a month.

- The other feeling is usually very strong connection, joy and sometimes even ecstasy. I feel like I can receive and know what I need to know. I write guidelines to myself so I can read them when I am disconnected. Does that sound familiar?

I've been wieght lefting for years. I can feel my K activating sometimes just entering the gym and feeling the machines vibration. But also I feel K activates when I left heavy or on hard training days.

Guys, I really appreciate the discution may I can help myself go through a smooth transition and I feel peace.

YES
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Watch the feelings come and go, and be still.
Go to Top of Page

YES

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  7:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit YES's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Watch the feelings come and go, and be still.

Excellent reminder Scott..
Thanks,
And btw, great site, I can spend a long time reading in here.

YES.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  10:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's possible that nothing is needed, as Scott said.
It is common for strong emotions to come up as a result of purifying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000