AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Back Pain and Asanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  7:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All. For anyone who has chronic back pain or needs to strengthen their back to do some of the asanas you might like to do, I recommend borrowing or checking out from the library the following Rodney Yee video: "Back Care Yoga for Beginners".

I checked it out from the library and have done it a few times because I thought it might help me open my spine more in preparation for pranayama and meditation. It is made specifically to strengthen the back and reduce chronic pain. He modified some of the traditional poses and keeps the holding of the pose shorter. My back hasn't felt this good in a while.

If you've got serious back issues and not just muscular tightness, you might want to watch the video first, evaluate it and make sure you're up for it. Plus it's hard to do downward dog and look at the video at the same time.

If anyone else has any videos, books, sites for asanas for people with back issues, would you please share them?

thanks!

Kathy

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  9:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea Kathy,

Intu-Flow worked great for me.

http://www.rmaxinternational.com/ma...pshop&Itemid

Edited by - Scott on Apr 10 2007 9:19:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  12:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Scott! I'll check Intu-Flow out.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  05:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If anyone else has any videos, books, sites for asanas for people with back issues, would you please share them?

Hi Kathy,

I've recently discovered a wonderful and very easy routine to help relieve backache issues. Its called ATB-SNR (for Acharya Technique for Backache, Spinal & Nervous Rejuvenation).

It is not aimed specifically at the yoga practicing community and very much recommended in cases where the back is too fragile and painful to perform standard asanas.

I've used it for one week now and the results have been spectacular.

Here is the technique :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkaZr8Bvnq4

The main website is :
http://members.tripod.com/atbsnr/index.htm

Edited by - thibaud05 on Oct 25 2008 06:08:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

seekeroftruth

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit seekeroftruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Scott,

Did you buy the DVD, or did you just do intu-flow from the free ebook. I'd like to try it but not for $65!
Go to Top of Page

sudo command

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  6:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit sudo command's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Iam pretty sure you dont need anything but a list of good stretches for the back
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000