AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Siddhasna makes my penis numb
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenyogi

14 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit greenyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi when sitting in Siddha I have my heel press again the point between my testicle and my anus. And after about 30 minutes or so of sitting. The pressure somewhat restrict the blood flows and after 1 hour or so of sitting my penis feels numb. It doesnt seem to be too healthy doing that way ?

Any suggestion?

Also whats the purpose of having the top leg's toes stick into the fold of the other feet ?

I do my Siddhasana like half lotus and have the top foot just laying my thigh like Padmasana

Ang Ideas?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi greenyogi....

Perhaps you are pressing into the perinuem a little harder then you should be? Have your tried using a little less pressure?

About the placement of the second foot....
Pretty sure that the tucking in of the foot is what is recommended for those who can't do half lotus...if you can comfortably sit in half lotus, then do that over tucking in your foot. My opinion anyways.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to be safe, be sure you have been getting regular scheduled medical checkups. A lot of things are in that area and any discomforts such as even during bycycle riding or yoga are suspect.

Hope, of course, that it is just the technique that needs refinement.

Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  12:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi greenyogi!

When I practice siddhasana I use a folded blanket to elevate my hips and then the heel pressure on the perineum is lessened but still perceptible. I place my other heel directly in front of my other heel on the ground (not tucked into the thigh or in 1/2 lotus)...this is most comfortable for me.

Experiment with what works best for you...finding a comfortable seat will definitely help deepen your meditation.

Good luck on your path!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  4:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Green Yogi,
bodies are individual, so I'm not sure there is a universal answer. As some posts here point out, try to vary the heel pressure on mouladhara chakra. I never sit for 1 hour, but I agree that pressure on mouladhara alone might be very calming.

However, a full siddhasana, with the other heel pressing on the entry (kshetram) of svadhistana chakra on the pubic bone, seems to compensate this far too well (quite logical, as Svaddhistana is the chakra of reproduction, pleasure etc., connected to the water element - a full vegetarian diet with lots of vegetables and fruits is therefore beneficial BtW., for balancing svadhistana). So I simply use the pressure of the upper heel for some part of the time, soon releasing it and putting it in the easy position in front of the lower heel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000