Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 what to do with all this energy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  8:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

So I have been holding back on orgasm for the past 10 months or so with only two releases... the last time the energy released was so intense it took me what seemed like a month to get back to my normal energy in meditation.

Which is okay I suppose, but lately I'm having an intense time controlling my sexual responses on an energetic level. I seem very moved by most things..... my meditations are doing well which I am glad for and I am clear I don't want to release as it feels like such a waste of all this lovely energy...

Any thoughts??

Anyone experiencing the same???

What do we do with all this sexual energy? - I know I want to transform it into spiritual energy, and I feel that in meditation that's happening... is there something more I should be doing?

Love and light,
Babaly

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babaly and Chard:

You are both asking essentially the same question (here is the other).

Paraphrasing both questions:
What to do with all this extra sexual energy that can overwhelm me to the point of fainting, or knock me off center for a month if I release it in orgasm?
-----------------------

If the energy build-up is related to spiritual practices (apparently so), then the excess can be regarded as the purification process getting ahead of itself. Too much energy without sufficient opening of neurobiological channels in the body for it to flow freely through the nervous system to express as increasing ecstatic conductivity and radiance. No doubt some of the conductivity and radiance is occurring already, but there is much more, and the energy is welling up and banging into the present limitations.

In the case of a man, venting the energy occasionally in orgasm can help, along with self-pacing in practices, applying grounding methods, and so on. It is the same as kundalini symptom management.

Self-pacing and grounding methods will apply in the woman's case also -- reducing the upward energy flow until a stable balance between energy flow and the ability to conduct the energy is reached. This means backing off on stimulative techniques like mudras, bandhas, siddhasana, kumbhaka, etc. Self-pacing could also involve temporarily backing off on meditation and spinal breathing, if the upsurge is there with only those practices. And applying the grounding methods, of course. You have to find out by experiementing with all of these means.

What seems different here is the lesser role the "pressure relief valve" orgasm approach seems to have. In fact, it may take a woman in the other direction in terms of excess energy. Not being a woman, I do not have an answer for that. Perhaps other women who have been through this can chime in. Does female orgasm relieve excess energy in the nervous system, or increase it? (In some cases it does relieve it -- but apparently not in all cases.) In cases where it increases it, then how does an advancing yogini handle the excesses?

Whatever the answer to that may be, it will be good to emphasize that this is an aspect of purification and opening going on, and, as with all such openings, the adverse symptoms will pass as purification advances and a higher manifestation of the energy emerges. In the meantime, it is a matter of self-pacing and managing the excesses in whatever ways we can, while continuing forward with our process of purification and opening.

If the energies can be brought into balance, one would think normal sexual relations would be possible according to one's desire, and even doing so tantrically. How this situation relates to engaging in tantric sexual methods is another question. Maybe this can be one of those "for the ladies" discussions from which we all can learn.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, (Katrine, EMC, from the other post)

That was very helpful... It really helped me to hear that this will pass... as I evolve. I think my main challenge is that I want it soooo much and my bhakti is running on high.....

Katrine, I totally feel the same way after orgasming - a feeling of depression.... of falling back down a black hole that I have to start to climb out of again.... it just doesn't bring me joy. I have this constant humming inside me when I don't release even if I'm feeling bad on a challenging day - I still feel full - if you know what I mean....

So, I'm backing off from meditation - back down to 5 minutes :-( again.... oh well...

Sending you all much love and light,

Babaly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000