AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Blocking problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joti

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  6:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, but not to yoga. I have been practicing Hatha yoga for almost two years now. Regular pranayama and meditation is more recent in my practices (couple months) and it's been good. Now i am trying to add tantra practices to cultivate and conserve sexual energy.

My question is really about the blocking technique. I have been using it for the last few weeks and it works great. I can now have an orgasm without ejaculation, the intensity is getting bigger, and the feeling spreads out throughout the body instead of only being centered on the genitals. But sometimes it only works partially and a little sperm will come out... Now, the real problem is that recently, this sperm is somewhat colored. It has some brownish color, which is due to the presence of blood in the semen (hemaspermia). If I stop using the blocking technique for a while, the situation comes back to normal. So, I am pretty sure the two (blocking - hemaspermia) are closely related in my case. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is this normal or should I stop using the blocking technique? It's not so great to have blood in your semen...

Maybe I am going too strong at blocking but again I don't think so since sometimes it's not entirely effective with some semen leaking out. Maybe it has to do with the technique itself and the fact that I am not applying pressure at the right spot, that famous million dollar point as the taoist call it. Well, any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2007 :  12:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joti and welcome!

As far as I know, blood in the semen is not usual in using the blocking technique. Others may have thoughts on this. Everyone is different. It is possible for blocking to cause some strain in the beginning, with various symptoms.

Sounds like there could be some strain going on there. Whenever we have strain or discomfort (or symptoms of same) occuring in any practice we are doing in AYP, we self-pace the practice. That means backing off part or all the way until things stabilize, which you have done. It is wise. Then we can inch our way back to a level of practice that is comfortable for us when we feel ready, which you also seem to be doing. That is the way to proceed.

Blocking is actually an interim technique used on the way to automatic internal vajroli (sexual essences rising naturally and continuously with the rise of whole body ecstatic conductivity), which is cultivated by a variety of pre-orgasmic stimulation and other yogic methods covered in both the tantra and main lessons.

In time, the course of that mighty river of reproductive sex can be expanded upward, and there will be much less strain then. But it doesn't happen overnight, and patience and gentle persuasion are necessary over the long term. Self-pacing is part of this.

Perhaps you are having some clunkiness at this stage. It will pass. I suggest you continue to back off in times of strain. And work on increasing the ability to stay in front of orgasm -- holdback technique. With that, you will need blocking less often and the ecstatic results will improve also. As you know, daily sitting practices are an essential part of this process.

An alternative you may wish to investigate is Jack Johston's multiple orgasm trigger method, which some here have found helpful for reducing ejaculation, and also the need for blocking.

Finally, if you think there might be any health issues involved, it is good to check with a doctor.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Joti

3 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  01:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your wisdom Yogani!

The situation is back to normal now. Maybe I was pressing too hard before, straining somewhere inside, but it's ok now (no more blood).

Now, I have a question regarding what happens to sperm when using this technique. Reading your lessons, my understanding is that when ejaculation is blocked by using the blocking technique (or even vajroli), the sperm is expelled into the bladder instead of going out, (could we say it's an injaculation!?). The sperm will then be evacuated in the following urine, as should be visible by the cloudy aspect of the liquid. Is this right? Any other clues beside the cloudy aspect?

Is it possible that with blocking, the sperm does not go up to the bladder but stays in the prostate? It's hard for me to tell for certain that there is sperm in my urine, as it seems pretty much normal, not really cloudy, just ordinary. Also, I feel a kind of fullness inside the prostate, just like before having an orgasm (as if it has not been emptied). My guess is that when I am using the blocking technique, contractions in the prostate are trying to evacuate the sperm but the way is blocked and it stays there. Maybe that is why I strained myself earlier... Well, I am looking forward to be enlightened on the physiological aspect of this technique. Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  12:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joti:

Your question is covered in lesson 30 on vajroli mentioned above. There is also an addition to the lesson in the AYP Easy Lessons book.

There is a shift in the neurobiology that leads to natural absorption of sexual essences upward in the body, including through the bladder. It is the semen or white milky substance in both men and women that goes upward. All indications are that sperm itself plays little to no role in this process (see here).

With ecstatic conductivity rising, the milkiness in the urine will disappear (be absorbed in the bladder) within a few hours after blocking. Natural vajroli can be so dynamic during the developmental stage of ecstatic conductivity that some milkiness can appear in the urine without genital orgasm or blocking having been engaged in. This too passes as the neurobiology of ecstatic conductivity becomes more efficient.

Sitting practices (deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, etc.) are the primary means by which this transformation is cultivated, with tantric sexual methods being an important support. The process of transformation will happen with sitting practices alone, but is very unlikely to happen with tantric sexual methods alone. This is a main point brought out in the AYP Tantra book, and is why we don't force the issue with tantric sexual practices -- it won't help us much and can lead to strain in the sexual biology. We just gently favor sound tantric methods in our normal sex life as a support to our sitting practices. Gentle persuasion. The synergy between sitting practices and tantric sexual methods can be very good that way.

Our bhakti (spiritual desire) will lead the way in all of this, and prudent self-pacing will keep us from overdoing too much. It looks like you are getting a handle on it.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000