AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 high sexual drive and spritualituy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Drakes

5 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  12:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Drakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

What is the relation between high sexual drive and spiritual energy? Is it just because of the bad karmic tendencies that one experience high sexual drive? How can we relate it to spirituality ?

Thanks.

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  5:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello John,
Thank you for posting your questions.

I will share my own observations of my sexual development in relation to spirituality(yoga), since that is all I know:

I surely have a high sexual drive and I use that to my advantage to cultivate the desire to practice meditation and supporting techniques. Here is an AYP lesson on devotion, desire, bhakti: http://www.aypsite.com/12.html

Additionally, I employ tantric techniques in order to transmute this sexual drive, of which, comes many benefits.
Here is a link for AYP tantric practices: http://www.aypsite.com/T1.html

Keep coming with any questions, many more people will follow to help you with your questions.

Sincerely, Hunter

P.S. For clarification, I want to add that the tantric techniques in the AYP lessons are reliable and useful when the practitioner is established in inner silence/stillness by way of practicing deep meditation.

Edited by - Hunter on Feb 04 2007 5:52:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  10:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sexual energy is the same as spiritual energy (life force). It's up to us what we use it for. it's only sexual when it is in the sex organs. You can learn to move it for other things, using yoga techniques.

Through the ages sex has been considered bad in a lot of religions because it delays and distracts from the spiritual path. But it doesn't cause bad karma, and bad karma doesn't cause more sexual drive. High sexual drive is a good thing for yoga practices. Just combine that with bhakti, and the desire to redirect it, not get rid of it. Don't worry if you are not able to redirect ALL of it, just continue consistent practices as taught in the lessons.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 05 2007 07:15:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  01:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,
Welcome to the forum.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  08:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum John and thanks for sharing,you haven't said if you are reading and following the main lessons here if not please have a look In answer to your question Ether and Hunter are absolutely correct there is nothing wrong with having a high sexual drive it is perfectly natural and it can be a positive advantage in our development have a look at these lessons

Kundalini Introduction:
Tantra Introduction:

As Ether says sexual energy is the same as spiritual energy and you can redirect it..how much of it you redirect is up to you. It is perfectly natural to feel strong sexual desire and to be aroused by attraction toward another. Which ever way that desire is consummated.. on your own or in a loving physical relationship with another human being it can become a truly spiritual experience when combined with Tantra

So have no fear a high sex drive is nothing to do with bad karma in fact without sexual energy there can be no Yoga so you can look at it as positively good karma.

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Feb 05 2007 08:58:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

John Drakes

5 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Drakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your replies. :)
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  11:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
John,

Etherfish offered a beautiful concise reply, but let me suggest a suggested experiment.

Here's something to try. It may not work, but it's an interesting experiment. The next time you spot someone on the street who you deem attractive and you get that melty feeling, quickly shift your gaze to someone else, someone random, and see if that feeling (just the pure physical feeling, refined of all thoughts and associations) can still be accessed. Then shift your gaze to a tree, and do the same. Then shift your gaze to a mailbox or fire hydrant or pay phone. Again, no "thoughts", just the pure feeling.

Here's the thing: perhaps you're "hot" for all existence, but can best access that ardor via certain specific triggers (a certain gleam in the eye, a certain shaped derriere, hair of a certain length and luster). If so, you may find it surprisingly easy to access even without those arbitrary triggers. And once you do, you've found a backdoor escape hatch from cultural notions of naughtiness. In any case, refining and universalizing (for lack of a real word) one's heat is a more viable solution than bottling it up - i.e. trying to reduce or deny one's sexual drive.

When I was about 20, I met a guy up in Calgary who I thought was absolutely insane. He said that he'd driven once to Lake Louise, and the scenery had been so beautiful that he had to pull the car over and masturbate. I was disgusted and quickly concluded the conversation. But, years later, I'm not sure he wasn't on to something. Not that I'm suggesting masturbation over mailboxes. Or that the feelings must necessarily converge on the genitals (they can nearly as easily converge and explode in the heart...and that's another experiment for you to try).

For what to actually DO with any newly-expanded ardor (or just the same old sexual ardor), study Yogani's tantra lessons. But also read the main ones!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 08 2007 12:41:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000