Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Can't last
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

insideout

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  7:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit insideout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the tantra lessons it mentions that the longer you are practicing tantra in a single session, the longer your capacity to hold-back.

The opposite happens to me. If I've been at it for a while, then the slightest stimulation brings me on the verge, even if I rest 30 seconds or more between strokes .

Anyone else experience this? Does it improve with practice?

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same with me too. Sounds like the change will come with practice.

I would advise you not to go for longer sessions of tantra in the beginning (say not more than 20-30 minutes). Its exciting but long sessions of stimulation & stopping can cause problems too.

-Near
Go to Top of Page

insideout

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  1:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit insideout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Its exciting but long sessions of stimulation & stopping can cause problems too.

Hi Near,

What kind of problems are you referring to?

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this and that staying power will probably develop in time.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  3:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi insideout,

I read somewhere that prolonged hours of stimulation & stopping can cause erection problems because it involves repeated in & out flowing of blood from brain to the sexual organs.

Dont remember the link right from the top of my mind. I think tantra is a very useful thing but it needs to be slowly developed over time along with ongoing sitting practices like meditation & pranayama.
Go to Top of Page

insideout

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  12:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit insideout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Hi insideout,

I read somewhere that prolonged hours of stimulation & stopping can cause erection problems because it involves repeated in & out flowing of blood from brain to the sexual organs.

Interesting, I've never heard that before. If you find the link to the article, please let me know. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  12:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Interesting, I've never heard that before. If you find the link to the article, please let me know. Thanks!

You don't need any link. If you can, try to practice tantra for a long time, like 2-3 hours. Do the same the next day. After a few days, sometimes sooner, you will find it harder to maintain the erection unless you keep stimulating it. That's a kind of fatique of the erectile tissues, and the problem won't be permanent unless you keep ignoring the signal. My suggestion to avoid this fatique is to have a shorter tantra session at the beginning, and build it up gradually. Even then, rest immediately whenever you find the erection start to get weaker. (or pain)

Prolonged strong erection may lead to permanent erectile problem. But if you are careful enough, you can build up the time of erection without any harm.
Go to Top of Page

crab

India
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  1:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
The opposite happens to me. If I've been at it for a while, then the slightest stimulation brings me on the verge, even if I rest 30 seconds or more between strokes

I too had the same problem. However, I discovered one thing accidentally while practising tantra. It looks like the key thing (atleast for me) while practising tantra is where your attention (or conscious mind) is when doing tantra. This seems to be quite important.

This may sound like an irony, but here it is: When practising the stroking, your attention (or mind) can be anywhere, *except* anything even remotely connected with sex.

A couple things to do could be like:

1. After a few strokes, if you are on the verge, stop it and get up walk around the room. If you have a big house, that's great - you can go all over the place. . Come back and then do a few strokes, and again get up and walk around, and so on. This might get you off the verge, and buy you some more mileage.

2. While doing stroking, get your attention off the sex organ (and anything remotely connected with sex), engross yourself in, say, reading a newspaper, book, or any of your favourite topics (except sex, of course!). Note that reading out the topic aloud also seems to help. All the while, in the "background", keep the stroking going.

(Even a normal picture or thought of the opposite sex can be a problem sometimes, because it can catch you off-guard. So, be careful in choosing your topic).

However, in the long run, keep in mind that the goal of tantra (in my personal opinion) is to get rid of the need for tantra itself permanently. Hence, it might be better to put in some amount of conscious effort in this direction.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000