AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 neck movement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Drakes

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  1:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Drakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I have been observing that whenever i meditate my head seem to slightly go at right side? is this any sort of energy correction?

Thanks.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  2:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by John Drakes

Hi All,

I have been observing that whenever i meditate my head seem to slightly go at right side? is this any sort of energy correction?

Thanks.

Hi John looks like you are doing really well...things are starting to happen.

What you are experiencing is energy movement and purification taking place in your nervous system we call this Automatic Yoga have a look at what Yogani has to say here

Meditation sensitivity and head movements

You will find links there to relevant topics as well

All the best Richard

Edited by - Richard on Mar 01 2007 3:12:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  3:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've found that the sitting posture affects how animated the body can become.

If you sit like a stone statue you will have slight movement. But if you sit with some give in your waist and neck, the body starts to spiral around the energy as it coils upwards.

If two coils spiral upwards on both ends at certain frequency, it causes the body to have a side to side, or even circular motion.

Sitting on the floor, pillow, or computer chair all create affect the chi flow.

Apparently, as the energy burrows through our impurities it fires off the nervous system, causing movements. As we become more purified, it is said that these movements drastically reduce.

Try not to predict what should happen, and what does happen let it be natural.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  1:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
John, do you sit in Siddhasana and do you tuck both feet? I have noticed in myself that tucking my top foot makes my head tight slightly to one side and also that there is a part of me that is having to remember to keep the foot from slipping out and that is a distraction. When I just let the foot slip out and rest on the floor I found that this was less distracting and my head didn't tilt either. Maybe some day I will tuck the foot again but for now it doesn't feel necessary and is more of a distracton than a help
Go to Top of Page

AccidentalYogi

21 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  12:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit AccidentalYogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I posted something not to long ago about a meditation where I had a methodical, therapuetic experience of automatic yoga. As you get more in touce with your inner body you will feel various ticks and tingles as your body is cleansing itself.

I've recently been having a spasm at the base of my left ring finger. They'll go away in time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000